Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
VRA National President
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
60 in Pennsylvania on January 1st!!!!! That's unreal for us. Rode down to York, PA to have lunch with a group from MD and the town was overrun with bikers. We passed a Country Buffet with over 200 bikes parked out front! What a way to start the new year. :)

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Fanastic!!!!! wish I could see something like that here. Today was a perfect day to ride, but I had to help Mack with the Truck brakes this afternoon. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good riding day....might ride to church if the weather if good.

Heather

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Yes...It sounds like you got it off to a good start. :)

We have snow here and just dark and dreary out. :(

·
Registered
506 Posts
Whistle Clean,You want me to be on the lookout down here in the south for ya a house? Do you want to rent or just go ahead and buy one? You really need to get out of that state so you can enjoy that Motorcycle!!! Listen and just close your eyes for a minute. Its Jan.,Blue sky,70 degrees,off work,bike looks good,cranks right up,those ole pipes sound good,etc. Now how big a house you need down here? I already know it needs a building behind it(for the bike). I'll be on the lookout while i'm riding my Kawasaki today! Will let you know what i find,so go ahead and be packing and get that U-haul truck loaded!!! See ya,Kenny in Beautiful,i mean Beautiful North Carolina.......

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well folks, I did the traditional New Years Day ride too. It was a whopping 4c or (40f) and it was great to get out. You guys in the south don't get to experience the snotcicles as we do in the north, you gotta try it some time.
My New Years Day rides are short do to the conditions but its like sex...'a whole lotta pleasure in a short amount of time'!

·
Registered
229 Posts
A balmy 60 degrees, clean back-roads, pipes talkin', about the only thing missing was the smell of fresh-mowed lawns ! I understand that over 50 Harley riders showed up for a ride from New Kingston, PA to Gettysburg, PA !(Sounds much better if you don't refer to the old Rand-McNally, 30 odd miles if you get lost ! HA HA) Anyhow, what a way to "ring in the new year" for good ole' PA! Ride long and hard! :razz:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Had a great 5 hour ride yesterday here in Pa. Traveled south to Reading, then over to Allentown where I stopped for lunch near the Whitehall Mall. I then drove up Rt. 309 into tamaqua and then on to Pottsville on Rt 209. Total ride was 200 miles. Mileage on my 2004 Vulcan Classic was 43 miles per gallon. It was a lttle windy though with a lot of cross winds. Being new to riding some of the heavier gusts through me a bit. On one certain twisty a strong gust of wind shook me up but I handled it. I also did my first run on an interstate. Only one tractor trailer passed me however. That was interesting.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
LOL....Kenny....Your breakin my heart man!!!!! :shock:

If I didn't have to work for a living....and have the good job I have....I'd consider moving to warmer climate. I use to live in Phoenix Arizona and Northern California and enjoyed nice weather in those states....but with all of my kids and grandkids here....it would be tuff to pack up and leave em all. Of course....I could plan trips to ride out and see them. :)

·
VRA National President
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, I propose that everyone from this board who lives in a colder climate sell their house and we'll all get one huge place with a 10-car garage in North Carolina. By splittin the rent, we can all work parttime jobs and spend the extra time riding. A giant kitchen, a giant living room with a huge wall-length TV and surround sound, a bar (of course) and lots of little bedrooms. We each take turns cooking so you only have to cook like once every two weeks(more riding time again). We split the cost for a maid so there's no cleaning and hire out all of the house repairs (even MORE riding time). :)

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Slicks....Who gets the TV remote? :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Guess I raised Slicks right !!! :grin: Ride hard and long, and darn the remote ! Just need the TV for Speed Tuesdays and the weather reports !! And furthermore, NOTHING can beat the roads in that little corner of NC and TN !

·
VRA National President
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bud said:
Guess I raised Slicks right !!!
And he ain't kiddin. Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you to my Pa', the most enthusiastic biker you're ever likely to meet. As much as he likes to talk "scoots", I figured he'd get a blast outta talkin on these here forums. (He even has an opinion once in a while... LOL)

Glad to see you're enjoying the virtual biker bar, Pa' :)

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

gimme the address of the new place-but we gonna need more than a 10
car garage,where we gonna put the bikes?
we'll fill that up with hot rods and 4WD trucks :p

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
yeah, i forgot about my other toys. my truck needs two bays, but if i put the four wheeler, nomad, and nomad trailer on the utility trailer, then i can fit them into one. so that's three for me ! guess we'll need quite the garage. maybe we should just rent a large factory or warehouse with a couple offices that would make good enough bedrooms !

·
Registered
229 Posts
I don't know about everybody else, but I'm so excited that I think I'll just start packing !! :razz:

·
VRA National President
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bikeaholic said:
where we gonna put the bikes? we'll fill that up with hot rods and 4WD trucks
ispeed77 said:
my truck needs two bays, but if i put the four wheeler, nomad, and nomad trailer on the utility trailer, then i can fit them into one. so that's three for me
Now ya see... how in the world do people survive with a one or two-car garage? I told Wendy that our next house is going to be an efficiency apartment with a five car garage... and honestly, that's bein conservative!!! Seriously, if I had a seven car garage, you would never catch me sayin "well this is a little much".

1 - 20 of 37 Posts