Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just had a friend bring home a new green zx-6r, and I think it is just beutiful. I am currently riding a 600rr, but am tempted to get one of these. I have never owned a Kawasaki before and I have always stuck with Honda/Yamaha. Is the reliability of the kawasaki as good or better than the Honda, I know the performance seems to be much better.
As in, Maintanance friendly.

But there aren't very many Kawasaki riders around here to ask, most are gixxer or r6/r1 riders.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
If i were you I'd go with selling your current bike, and buying a ZX6R. They have proven to be pretty reliable recently, and there are all kinds of mods for them. I think its gonna sell real well this summer. AAny way, its the same bike I'm getting, You should get one too :p

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
The 600RR is a track ready bike, for street riding I'd get the 600R, it is cheaper and more user friendly. Maintaince isn't bad on any kawasaki I've seen, change the oil, lube the chain and all runs well.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
ZX-10R Urza said:
well, the line between street and track is very fine for some poeple :twisted:
yeah, but the RR is a 599cc bike and the R is a 636, both are fully capable, but one is made for competition and the other isn't.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awsome, I'm glad you guys think so, I love the 6R. I guess there are areas where some makes are more common than others, and it seems in my area Kawasaki's are quite rare, probably due to the fact that there aren't half as many Kaw dealers here as Honda/Yamaha.

I'm definately going to go take a look at the 6r.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
ZX-6R

may be a 599 but it has the slipper clutch and it only comes in green. OH, to ride one for the rest of my life, I could care less about people passing me...it's their ticket waitin g to happen...all I know is that that fine line would be very fine in my neck of the woods...I love taking the short highways and old US and county roads and even the spillways around the dams...love to spend some time in teh saddle from MT over to CA go south and cross into AZ, NM TX, OK and KS using only old roads...or I guess if I didn't want to go that way I could just ride through MT, UT, WY, CO, then NE, MO then cut south to KS...and see some serious backroads nothing like what you see on the Interstate systems...

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
yeah, over here in willow run (its like a suburn of detroit) we had a B-24 bomber plant during ww2. In fact it was on hitler's bombing list, if he ever got near enough to bomb. But anyway, there are tons of twistie back roads all around. I'm still scooting them :)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
NICE!

I only get to see pictures...our dealer can't keep them in and has raised the price...same with the Suzuki base price on the 600 is starting $8,399. BIkes are sellin glike hotcakes in Kansas City.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just picked up a brand new ZX-6R and so far I am totally in love. Its the first bike I have owned personally but I have riden other flavors and none of them impressed as much as the ZX-6R has. I went with the blue since both the orange and green stand out a bit much for my taste and the local dealer didnt have any silvers in stock. I got mine for $7999 + taxes, tag, blah, blah. :D

-Matt

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
NEW

Matt, welcome to the forum...now that you've held your breath till ou have turned your new bike blue...BREATH! AWESOME!!! SUPER BIKE! YOu will have to tell us (ME ANYWAY) what you like and do not like about the bike. Although some of the Forum people on here think I'm ONLY into the Ninja250R...they'd be surprised to know that the ZX-6R, even the RR interests me. Specificlly, for long distance road trips, NOT using the Interstate Systems. I think tha tif you are in a hurry to get somewhere and you have to drive/ride then that is what they are there for, but bikes are for freedom and I don't plan on using an interstate system..when I get a larger bike... ANYWAY, WELCOME to the FORUM an ddon't worry about any questions that you want to ask...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts

NOW that yo uare part of our FORUM get to the Profile section and fill int in about your hobbies, interests and things that others may find interesting...Military service, occupation...dreams...go for it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow, thanks for the welcome!!! I will definitely keep you informed on how I like the bike. I havent been able to ride it much since it has been raining here alot lately but once the weather clears this weekend I will get in some seat time. I am all about back roads and twisties, even though here in Florida it is mostly flat land. :D I am definitely looking foward to some ride time at the Gap in the very near future as well. :twisted: Do you have AIM or the like? I would definitely like to get a few knowledgable bike guys on my list to conversate with.

I will definitely get the profile filled out ASAP. Thanks again for the friendly welcome!!

-Matt

1 - 20 of 30 Posts