Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I paid $250 dollars for a running and driving 1972 g4 100. I have done some research and have read about the hi/low transmissions but i do not understand how this works. I have the lever mechanism on my right handlebar but the lever handle on the outside is broken off. Also at the bottom of that cable where it goes into the bottom case the piece that looks like it would screw into the case is hanging but the cable is still in the case and when i pull it recoils. When i bought it the guy said it slips out of gear and all you have to do is put it back in nuetral and pull on that cable at the bottom and it will be able to go back in gear. what do i have to do to make the hi/low useable and where would i find the parts. also it doesnt like to idle and i was playing with the choke and it would rev up real high when i turned it forward and you have to give it some gas to start. Any suggestions. Thanks

·
Knows more than he needs
190 Posts
well for one thing i would suggest to screw the cable back into its case where it belongs and buy a new lever. the cable could need tension on it to keep it in gear, and since he lever is broke, it might not be holding tension on the cable well enough. that might be your issue right there. can you post a few pics?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the cable where it goes into the case and it looks as if it is broken off at the threads. Where can i find one of these cables? I have looked all over ebay and a few other places and can not seem to find one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts