Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the Ninja 2002 front turn signal lense. $5.81 from AsiaSports, air mailed to me, two of 'em.

Now, how can you possibly make an average of 30 posts per day in the last year?

Why do all motorcyclists in Alabama drive as close to the yellow dividing line as they can? I personally want to stay as far away from on-coming traffic as I can, but maybe I'm missing something.

Can a Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird go 165 mph on Highway 459 in Birmingham?
Could that be beaten by a Hiabush (spelling is doubtful) GSXR1300? Supposedly both street-legal.

To answer another thread, I actually got the above mentioned Ninja up to 70 mph on I-65 out of Trussville. Of course all the other traffic was passing me by and probably making cursing noises at me, but that really seemed awfully fast to me.

I had some other questions, but after only one vodka, they have all escaped. Wade

·
Registered
22,566 Posts
Why do all motorcyclists in Alabama drive as close to the yellow dividing line as they can? I personally want to stay as far away from on-coming traffic as I can, but maybe I'm missing something.
the reason to ride the yellow line would be so that if someone passing someone behind you can see that there is someone taking up that space in front of the car they are trying to pass. plus you can see on coming traffic better from that position.

·
Registered
22,566 Posts
Can a Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird go 165 mph on Highway 459 in Birmingham?
Could that be beaten by a Hiabush (spelling is doubtful) GSXR1300? Supposedly both street-legal.
the XX was pretty quick for about a year when they first came out but like usual Honda don't keep up with the speed wars. dependable yes, warp speed, no. yes the busa can go much faster than the XX.

·
Registered
22,566 Posts
To answer another thread, I actually got the above mentioned Ninja up to 70 mph on I-65 out of Trussville. Of course all the other traffic was passing me by and probably making cursing noises at me, but that really seemed awfully fast to me.

I had some other questions, but after only one vodka, they have all escaped. Wade
70 is plenty fast. been twice that and some. very seldom go over that on the street though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
O.K. I've stopped laughing, but you still didn't answer if it would do 165.

Obviously I didn't ask what I was thinking, but you may have answered that also. Why would a presumably sane person do that. My son, LtCol Johnson, USA, Army, told me that off-handedly. Told me that the other guy was on the current, at that time, fastest street-legal bike and when they got on I-65 they decided to up the revs some. David said when he exited in Trussville he thought the other guy had turned off somewhere, but looked behind to see him taking off his helmet to talk awhile. I DID not weewee (you know the word) in my pants. His mother and I raised him right. We told him never to be a cop or a lawyer. Yeah, he put himself through college as a Cop, got an MBA, an ABD in International relations, doing work on a PhD, is a certified instructor in Four Martial Arts, and passed the Alabama bar a few years ago, but of course I'm just braggin' on him now. The question is, is he insane? Wade

·
Registered
22,566 Posts
O.K. I've stopped laughing, but you still didn't answer if it would do 165.
yes, I believe they would do 165. I'm thinking a little more maybe but not much. I'm sure the busa will do 186.

Obviously I didn't ask what I was thinking, but you may have answered that also. Why would a presumably sane person do that. My son, LtCol Johnson, USA, Army, told me that off-handedly. Told me that the other guy was on the current, at that time, fastest street-legal bike and when they got on I-65 they decided to up the revs some. David said when he exited in Trussville he thought the other guy had turned off somewhere, but looked behind to see him taking off his helmet to talk awhile. I DID not weewee (you know the word) in my pants. His mother and I raised him right. We told him never to be a cop or a lawyer. Yeah, he put himself through college as a Cop, got an MBA, an ABD in International relations, doing work on a PhD, is a certified instructor in Four Martial Arts, and passed the Alabama bar a few years ago, but of course I'm just braggin' on him now. The question is, is he insane? Wade
I have never topped out my bike on the street, I did find a deserted stretch of road with no entrances and hit an indicated 170 on my 93 ZX11D1

I don't think he is insane but I'm a sportbike rider. LOL

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Two vodkas later, near my limit.

What does that feel like?

Obviously not gonna' do it!!!

One more and I'm off to bed.

Wade

·
Registered
22,566 Posts
how does 170mph feel?

awesome and scary at the same time. I've been 140 at the drag strip and it is just exhilarating. not as scary at the track.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you not notice that I said newbee? You are really scaring me. Where in the world would I get to go that fast, and with what bike? Yeah, I've gotta read some of the other posts, but I keep having management problems with my fingers in responding, to so I'm going to bed.
Besides, Las Vegas is on. TKS. Wade

·
Registered
22,566 Posts
Did you not notice that I said newbee? You are really scaring me. Where in the world would I get to go that fast, and with what bike? Yeah, I've gotta read some of the other posts, but I keep having management problems with my fingers in responding, to so I'm going to bed.
Besides, Las Vegas is on. TKS. Wade
I'm not trying to scare ya. you could go to your local drag strip to get a fix of fast.

what to ride...depends on your style. for me it would have to be a 1K or bigger I4 like a ZX10R, ZX11, ZX14, Busa, (wouldn't mind seeing what the C14 will do at the strip).

cruiser style would be Mr. Max (Vmax), V2K, M109, Warrior with mods.

·
ATGATT
2,227 Posts
Two vodkas later, near my limit.

What does that feel like?

Obviously not gonna' do it!!!

One more and I'm off to bed.

Wade
I've been 134 on my 05' 636 and it is an awesome feeling...unless you come out from the air pocket and get blasted with the full force of the wind...then it's scary!! Feels like it's trying to rip you off the bike...so if you try it...stay tucked...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can see that. There are a lot of highly intelligent and funny bike-riders out there. Easy to talk to.

I found a wide open, no people no place country road day-before-yesterday and got the little 250 up to 90 before I ran out of straight stretch. Told my son about it and he semi-chided me for going so fast. He and his family had just come back from Lookout Mountain in Tennessee where they were jumping off the side of the mountain in aluminum and nylon hang gliding contraptions. At least I had one foot dragging the ground. Wade

1 - 20 of 21 Posts