Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum, but not to riding. I bought my first bike back in 1998. It was an old Kawasaki 440LTD. I think I paid $50 for it. A while later, I bought a cherry 1985 Kawasaki 700LTD. I loved that bike. It was awesome. I sold it a couple years later because I had money problems. I always wished that I had kept my money problems and that bike. I didn't ride until a few years ago when I bought a Kawasaki KX250 dirt bike. It was my first dirt bike and wow, does it have some power. I still have it and do a lot of cross country racing. Now, I'm looking to get back into street riding. I don't want to finance anything since I'm enjoying living debt free at the moment. So, I'm looking for a slightly used VN750 or something. I have my eye on a few. I'll probably get one this weekend when I have time to go look. I'd really like to have a 1600 Nomad. I've never had a problem or been disappointed with any Kawasaki I've ever owned. I've raced my KX250 is lots of races that are two hours long. It has never once let me down.

A little about me.... I'm 29 years old, been married for almost 10 years, and I have two kids. A 9 year old boy, and a 16 month old girl. My wife is a nurse and isn't too crazy about me getting a road bike again. I've been in the Air Force for over 10 years now. I am stationed at Tinker AFB in Oklahoma City and I'm a flight engineer on the E-3 AWACS. I have quite a few other hobbies that I actively participate in. I have a powered paraglider, I like hunting, RC airplanes, photography, and I'm also converting an old school bus into an RV. I use several other forums similar to this one so I'm familiar with how things work. :biggrin:

·
Giggidy-Giggidy-Goo!
1,623 Posts
Welcome! Wow, you have a lot of expensive hobbies. I might be jealous, but then, *I* have a 1600 Nomad ...so we are even!

I'm just a few hours north of you in Wichita, KS and get down your way a couple of times a year. My Goldwing buddy likes to go to OKC and drool over the stuff at "Bikes, Trikes, & Trailers".

·
The Widows Son
9,126 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Post some pictures if you can and thank you for your service!

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Welcome! Congrats on living debt free. I hope to get there soon myself. Good luck in finding your next bike. You may want to look for one with passenger space. If wifey rides with she may not worry so much.

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Welcome. :D

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Welcome. My wife is a nurse, too. She finally let me get a bike this past year. So, they do come around. By the way, I used to hang glide.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the welcome! Here's some pics as requested!

This is my 2001 KX250. I love to ride this machine!

Here's my old 1985 Kawasaki 700LTD. It was a super nice bike. Wish I still had it!

Here's my powered paraglider

Finally, this is my school bus / RV project. The outside is pretty much done and I'm still building on the inside. Hopefully it will be ready to use by spring time! I painted it myself BTW.

Oh yeah, here's the plane I fly on. It's the E-3 AWACS.

·
Can You See Me Now?
325 Posts
THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!! I loved them old LTD's, such sweet looking and running bikes. Welcome, and thanks for the pics!

·
Can You See Me Now?
325 Posts
You know, after looking at your pics, I'd try and leave the last few feet in the bus for a couple bikes, KX or otherwise! That would be pretty cool.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
with a name likd KC10 i'd think you fly on the KC10...did you at one time...

welcome abaord...thanks for serving...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You know, after looking at your pics, I'd try and leave the last few feet in the bus for a couple bikes, KX or otherwise! That would be pretty cool.
I thought about that. I'd have to make the back door bigger and have a pretty long ramp. So, I'm installing a class IV hitch and towing an enclosed trailer for my bikes and stuff.

with a name like KC10 i'd think you fly on the KC10...did you at one time...

welcome aboard...thanks for serving...
Yes I did. I started out in the Air Force in 1997 as a KC-10 crew chief (aircraft mechanic), hence the screen name. I flew all over the world with that plane. I use quite a few different forums from time to time. I started out with this screen name a long time ago and I figured I might as well keep it the same. It's too confusing to keep track of more than one screen name. :biggrin:

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
Welcome and thanks for your service.

I wrenched on the A-10, KC-135, C-130, and B-1B before I retired from active duty in '04.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts