Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL this feels weird being a newbie again.

Im on a Diesel Forum and I have 2,500 post LOL feels weird being the new guy again. Sooo, I just picked up my first cruiser thanks to my next door neighbor who has a 03 vulcan 1600. I found a 02 Vulcan Classic 1500 on ebay for $3750 with 10k miles and it came with vance and hines pipes(which are a little loud but I will deal with it for now) and came with a power commander III usb.

In the first ten minuets of having it in my garage I removed the windshield, rear seat and miniature sissy bar, because I was curious how fast I could take it on and off.

This isnt my first bike, I have owned in order a 1992 Honda CBR F2 600, 1994 Honda CBR 900 RR, 2002 Honda CBR 954 RR, all those have come and gone but I still own my 2005 Yahama R1.

My first two main questions are guys that are 5'10" or a little taller what type of handle bars are you running, I find that the stock ones are two close together I need a little straighter of a bar for my back.

Also im sure this has been asked a million times so rather then tell me to google it which I have can you just post the thread that pertains to it :mrgreen: Can I fit a 190 or even a 200 tire in a 2002 Vulcan 1500 Classic FI?????

Other then that I am very pleased with the bike and so is my wife, we both enjoy taking our time riding compared to my R1 which just BEGS to be ridden fast and hard.

·
Sick Puppy
3,210 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I know how you feel, I had a lot of posts on a Blazer Forum before I became the new guy here.

·
Ahhh Crap
2,344 Posts
The widest tire you'll fit on your bike is a 160 due to clearance with the drive shaft housing. I'm still using the stock handlebars and I'm 6'2" but any 1" bars would fit though, depending on what you buy, new hoses and cables could be needed. I installed a set of risers some time back so I could lean back better against the drivers backrest and prop up my feet on the cruise pegs and it's real comfortable. Congrats on buying a great bike and a great price.

Go here for tons of excellent info:

http://www.gadgetjq.com/gadgetsfixitpage.htm

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Welocme to the forum, glad ot have you on board. Yeh, you'll notice a day and night difference in the riding positions between your R1 and the Vulcan. As someone already suggested, you can swp out the bars for some wider ones, (I installed 14" mini-apes on my old cruiser and loved them) and you could also get some highway pegs (will need a front crash bar/engine guard) which can help with positioning and comfort.

So have fun, and post some pics will ya!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts