Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My first post ;-)

I have a 80' 650 LTD E1 I bought new in 1980 :grin: I have other rides, but I still have my first love with a whopping 7500 miles on her. I'll post pics a little later.

I'm looking for a replacement, or a source to restore my exhaust pipes. This beauty (Custom panted) needs help in this department ;-)

For a FYI, this KAW is all stock excluding the seat. (Gotta have comfort there!)

Seems everywhere I ride, people look at this vintage beauty with amazement :p

Going for historical plates this year too . . . :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi KZ650E1,

I look forward to seeing the pics. I have a soft spot for mid-size Kwaka's from the 80's.

Is your LTD belt or chain drive? If the former, how's that work out?

Happy riding,

Adrian
=========
95 GPZ1100
84 GT750 (KZ750P4)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AdrianL said:
Hi KZ650E1,

I look forward to seeing the pics. I have a soft spot for mid-size Kwaka's from the 80's.

Is your LTD belt or chain drive? If the former, how's that work out?

Happy riding,

Adrian
=========
95 GPZ1100
84 GT750 (KZ750P4)
Thanks Adrian,

It's chain driven. All the original parts too except seat, plugs and oil filter!
:grin: I'll post pic's late next week.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
KZ650E1,

Welcome to the forum. I too have a soft spot for the older bikes.......Can't wait to see the pics....post one of the both of you !!!!!

Heather

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi kz650e1
welcome to the forum,and greetings from scotland

.................... shrek

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

welcome kz :wink: glad to see the ole girl is still kicking :grin:

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Hi KZ650E1 and welcome!

I have a 1981 Yamaha 650 in stock condition and really enjoy it. Something to love about the older bikes. :)

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
KZ650E1,
Please do keep us posted on this bike! Can't wait to see it! I have an 85' 700 LTD and getting her road worthy as we speak. It's my first bike, and she'll be a keeper no matter what others I may accumulate! :) OHHHH.... Almost forgot the warm welcome part!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:) I'll be posting pics this week . . .

Thank you for the warm welcomes . . . deeply appreciated!
:wink:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I would love to see her.. I have 2 KZ 650's one (1979) is in pieces for a restore money is always an issue. The other (1978 ) is still intact and I rode her regularly until last when I bought the drifter. But I can't seem to let her go... These where asume bikes in the day....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts