Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i HAVE RECENTLY JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST BIKE...A KAWASAKI NINJA ZX6E.... NOW I KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE CRITICIZE NEW RIDERS ON GETTING 600'S FOR THIER FIRST BIKE AND I REALIZE THAT ITS ALOT OF POWER...I'VE HEARD THAT YOU CAN TAKE COURSES ON LEARNING HOW TO RIDE AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD GIVE ME ANY INFO ON THESE COURSESAND WHERE I MIGHT BE ABLE TO FIND THEM.

·
Registered
741 Posts
You provided no info in your profile as to your location, but you could also ask your dealer for any local info on classes in your area.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Welcome - Can you take your caps lock off please. It's like your yelling in here.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
In my city, the local HD offers the MSF beginning rider course, and the local community college does as well. I took my course at the community college. It was taught by ABATE and was cheaper than the HD class.

·
Registered
29 Posts
In Illinois, you can show up as a walk-on. If the registered folks don't show up they have a drawing for the walk-ons to get in the class. That's how I got in and it was free. I think the regular fee is $25. My first bike was the VTX 1300C. It seemed big at first but I did a lot of practicing and ended up putting 6400 miles on it the first year. Take the class at a community college if you can, they usually start registering in March and it is well worth it. Always ride within your limitations and pretend that all the cagers are out to get you. Remember, riding is the art of keeping a motorcycle between you and the ground. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts