Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,

Not sure If this is the right place to post...but here we go!

I'm a new rider...looking to purchase a 2007 vulcan 900 classic.
I'm actually going to sign the papers on monday.
I have tried out alot of bikes and have decided this is what i want to start with...enough power for long travels..but still a good size for starting on.

I live up in Canada ,Medicine hat, Alberta

The question I have is I would like to add some saddle bags to this and a windsheild as I will be doing alot of highway travel.

There is only a couple of options through kawasaki for bags....I was wanting the quick realease model,preferable hard bags as well.However they are very expensive up here.Is there an off the market bag that will work on this bike...any help would be appreciated.
Also any suggestions on a sheild...for touring..I beleive there is only 1 style from kawasaki on this bike as well.

thanx for the help

laura

·
Live Long & Prosper
556 Posts
Are you sure you don't want the 900LT. It's basically a 900 Classic with with the windshield and bags. I'd expect you to be able to buy the 900LT for less than you can buy a 900 Classic plus windshield plus bags.

The VN900 is a very good machine and I'm sure you will like it.

Welcome to the forum and let us know how your procurement turns out!

·
Live Long & Prosper
556 Posts
Oh, I forgot to mention that our 900LT belongs to my wife - VulcanVixen. There are several gals on the forum that ride 900's and I'm sure they will welcome you! I think the gals have plans on taking over! :eek:

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Welcome aboard, Laura!

I have a 900 classic, also, and have the hardbags and windshield mounted on mine:

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/kawasaki-cruisers/57419-pics-hardbags-my-vn900.html

The windshield is from Memphis Fats with the Switchblade quick release mount and the hardbags are from Tsukayu. The bags are NOT quick release, but doesn't take long to undo the 4 bolts to release each bag.

Here are some sites that you can search for accessories and compare prices:

meancycles.com
customcruising.com
motoleather.com
bikebandit.com
westendmotorsports.com

Good luck and don't forget to post pics of your bike.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Laura, welcome to the forum. Check out the sticky for "what fits the 900". You will see what we have found works for this bike. I also have the Memphis Fats with quick release. I like the Leatherlyke bags. They are hard, water proof and lock. They also come right off by pulling two pins from the inside. You can see them on my link. Have a great time with the bike.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx for the welcome everyone,and the wonderful help.

I am stuck on the color of the classic compared to the lt color....lol
must be a girl thing with color hey?

I will check these sites out for parts.
thanx again

I'm sooooooo excited for the snow to melt up here..lol

laura

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Laura!
Vulcan 900 is just prefect for the beginners, she is VERY GOOD.
Be safe on that cruiser.
Don't forget the pics.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Laura,

Great choice of bike! I have the 900 Classic LT and love it! Although I have the leather saddle bags that don't lock :icon_frow my husband has the hardbags on his Nomad and he's nice enough to share! :wink:

By the way, what color bike are you getting? Color was a factor for me, too. I got the pearl/metallic titanium combo for my bike. I really like the looks of it.

Welcome to the forum and keep us posted on your purchase and let us know what it's like the first time you really get to ride!!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Welcome Laura, One thing on the 100% fits the 900 the most recent list of known accessories is on the last page, not that the first 20some pages are not an interesting read but redundant. I have a 900 Classic, new Nov 07 not to my first oil change but working on it and enjoying every minute of ride time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The color is called candy caribbean blue...its really sharp!

I figured out that I had to go to the last page on the 900 what fits page...omg there was alot of pages to go through tho...lol

Ok I'm off to check out some of these off the market parts.

laura

·
2001 Vulcan 800 \m/
1,661 Posts
Thanx for the welcome everyone,and the wonderful help.

I am stuck on the color of the classic compared to the lt color....lol
must be a girl thing with color hey?

I will check these sites out for parts.
thanx again

I'm sooooooo excited for the snow to melt up here..lol

laura
It's not a girl thing. Ride what makes you happy! I'm partial to red & black thus the red & black 800.
Welcome aboard!

You can also try Parts For Your Harley®, Honda Motorcycle Parts - J&P Cycles®

1 - 14 of 14 Posts