Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, as the topic says, I'm new here, so "Hi".

I bought my 03 ZX9r on Thanksgiving as a back-up for my TL1000s (blew the engine). I found out that I really like the 9r! Kind of surprised me as I have been a twin guy for a long time. Long story short, I've put 6,000 miles on the ZX since I bought it. I laid it down last weekend on an offramp (gravel sucks) and met with a guardrail. I have fixed all of the damage, but can't straighten the front wheel. I got it mostly straight, but the wheel is slightly twisted and cannot be used for the track. Does anyone have a wheel available for this bike or know an acceptable swap from other models?? I have a track day coming up this weekend, then another in 2 weeks so I really need a front wheel.

If someone could either steer me in the direction of a wheel or offer one for sale it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
gravitysucks,

Welcome to the forum!!!!! I am sorry that you laid your bike down. At least you weren't hurt.....Post your request down on the Parts swap and see what answers you get. There are plenty of sportbikers on this forum, so I am confident that my friends will reply to you before the day is out!!!!

Ride Safe/Ride Sane,

Heather

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kyhick1 said:
gravitysucks,

Welcome to the forum!!!!! I am sorry that you laid your bike down. At least you weren't hurt.....Post your request down on the Parts swap and see what answers you get. There are plenty of sportbikers on this forum, so I am confident that my friends will reply to you before the day is out!!!!

Ride Safe/Ride Sane,

Heather

Thanks. Yeah, with all the rain out here recently I knew better. Cold tires and gravel don't mix. Luckly I always were full gear, so no damage to me. Will post in Parts.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
first welcome Gravity, Now go on ebay an see what you can find. But remember your looking for a wheel. :smile: :smile:

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I have a 2002 ZX-9R and I've look for stuff for it when I'm bored. I know Ebay had some wheels for a 9R a week or so ago. Go check it out. I'm pretty sure the 2000 to 2003 should all swap. I can't think of the place to buy OEM parts at a really nice price atm but it will come to me. We have lists of parts dealer all over the forum too. Many of them are in stickys.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
welcome to the forum. sorry to hear about the wreck but glad to hear you are ok. i am just going to hop in with everyone else and say to check out Ebay and the parts section of this forum. good luck with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts