Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey y'all, just got started in streetbikes after bein wit da car scene for a while. . . but yea, i wanted to try out dis scene but den i dont know much bout bikes, all i know is dat kawasaki is da good stuff. so can anyone gimme advice on wut i should get and ur opinion on how i should fix it up. . . thanx folkz. . . late

·
Registered
209 Posts
The ghetto speach is fine with me. I'd advise getting soemthing used, no bigger than 600cc. A lot of guys on here like the 500 Ninja. I got a ZX-6. Everyone is also gonna advise you to take the motorcycle safety training course.

·
Registered
88 Posts
michiganarft11 said:
The ghetto speach is fine with me. I'd advise getting soemthing used, no bigger than 600cc. A lot of guys on here like the 500 Ninja. I got a ZX-6. Everyone is also gonna advise you to take the motorcycle safety training course.
I agree with Michigan too... I would recommend a 600cc bike to start out... The only thing that I have against the 500 is that I think that after riding it for one season you will want a 6 and then you have to go shopping again.. So you can save yourself the time and loss of $$$ on the sale of a used 500 and go right to the 6... Just my thoughts...

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Keep it under 50-60 hp to start. Get a used 500 ( if it's sportsbikes you're into). Shop wisely, don't drop it too often and you'll probably get your money back when you trade it in on something bigger/faster.

·
Patriot Guardian
2,469 Posts
kawasaki has a 400?

back to the lecture at hand.. lol Need some more info man to really help you out.. such as how old are you and whats your driving habits like also have you ever been on a bike before at all or would this be your first time on one never haven ridden one before?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Army_of_Ninja said:
kawasaki has a 400?

back to the lecture at hand.. lol Need some more info man to really help you out.. such as how old are you and whats your driving habits like also have you ever been on a bike before at all or would this be your first time on one never haven ridden one before?

yes it has dude check the links i posted for you.. the orange one was a black/ red 400 kawa almost wrcked.. took me a long time to transform it.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
PErsonally, I'd start out with an EX500, or an older ninja 600, not the brand new stuff in the 600 class because it'll eat you alive if you dont respect the power of it. if you get a 500 to begin with, you'll have the time to learn how to be smooth on the throttle, fast in curves, and then when you do hop on a bigger bike, you'll be a bit faster because of it.

a HUGE +1 on the MSF course. its WELL WORTH IT.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts