Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,
New to the group. Have been riding off and on for 12 years. Just today (to the chagrin of my wife) I brought home a new project. It's a 1980 Kawasaki KZ750t LTD. It's the twin model and I haven't found hardly any information on this bike. It's in rough shape, been in the sun for 10 years and has 12000+ miles. I have the title but the guy couldn't find the key, so there's the first expense. Chain is shot but the engine gives some kick when I kick it over. The seat pan is good but needs a cover. Nicks and scratches, the chrome isn't too bad. I'm wondering what I should do with it. The wife said 30 days. I'm thinking of parting it out, selling it outright, or spending ? to fix it. I know it needs a headlight, gas cap, chain, ignition switch with key, tires, brakes, and cables just for starters. Then the usual to get it started, battery, points, carb cleaning. I'm in the process of rebuilding another bike so the garage is a bit FULL. Any suggestions? Just how rare is this bike? Are the earlier or later model twins compatable?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts