Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Chromequeen said:
Whistle, My favorite title so far that I've seen is "Turtle Wax Taster". LOL

Bikeaholic, where'd these come from anyway?
not to jump in, but i figured i'd answer this for you. when they redid the site, Uncle Bob (one of the Moderators) decided to have a little fun and added the "names" to the titles. i think their kinda cool, just one more thing to enjoy on the forum.

welcome to the forum dawg...glad you got your key issue figured out...hope someone can get your back rest and luggage rack taken care of...have fun and come back often

Dawg ,the backrest mount's like Ispeed said (with the four bolt's holding on the fender struts)just do two bolts at a time(one on each side). You'll have it on in about 10 mins. I see the other member's an you have gotten the key question taken care of .

I just installed the "Fire and Steel" seat back and luggage rack on an 04 500 LTD which, according to the pictures at Kawasaki, appear to be virtually identical to the 800A. Remove the 4 fender bolts and the seat bolt..the fender will drop down..install the luggage rack 1st because it goes UNDER the chrome fender trim..screw the seat bolt back in (through the bracket on the rack) to hold the fender up & in place, then install the seat back brackets outside the chrome fender trim. Don't tighten anything up until you're sure it's all straight and correct. When you're sure it's all straight, snug-up the bolts then bolt the seat back to the brackets. The Fire and Steel parts fit mine perfectly and the whole job took maybe 30 minutes. It's a good idea to have a little masking tape to put on the fenders to keep the rack mounting bracket from scratching it during the installation. I think it looks great...Good luck.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Kawboy & wood - y'all have been a great help & I really do appreciate it. I went ahead and ordered just a backrest initially. I'll add the luggage rack when I get a little more familiar with basic installation.

dawgblood said:
Kawboy & wood - y'all have been a great help & I really do appreciate it. I went ahead and ordered just a backrest initially. I'll add the luggage rack when I get a little more familiar with basic installation.
No problemo Dawg ,that's what we're all here for.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
I'm guessing that saddlebags need to be removed to install the backrest, or do I just bore holes through the leather. I haven't taken off the seat yet (backrest doesn't ship till next week), so I don't know what it looks like under there.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.