Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I guess I'll introduce myself first. My name is Brian I'm 17 and come from the ****ty ol' state of Georgia! :) I've been into Volkswagens and worked on them for most of my life, but I just bought a "nearly" running '73 Kawasaki 350 (F9A) for the outrageous price of 25 bucks! :razz: This "nearly" running bike of course needs a few parts. I've been looking of the net for the past couple of days for sites that sell parts for my bike, but came up with nothing... What I'd like to know if anyone has a place they normally get parts from over the net?

Thanks for any help and I look forward to hanging out here!

Brian

P.S. I need the piston, jug, and the head.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Slick,

Welcome to the forum...There are lots of great people and lots of knowledge too.......Good luck on the rebuild. Show us a pic of you and the bike before and after.

Heather

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Hello Slick,

Welcome to our friendly Kawi family! You asked about where to find parts for your bike. Have you tried ebay? Also, here are a couple links you might want to check out.

www.partsnmoreonline.com & also
www.americanclassix.com

If ebay and those don't pan out for ya, do a search engine for Vintage Kawasaki motorcycle parts and see what you can pull up from there!

Hope this helps,
Chromequeen

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Brian, Welcome Aboard! Hey i had a 73 Kawasaki a few years ago. A 500 size,Pretty orange color! Gave a little more than $25.00 for it though! Good luck on your project and keep talking to us here,OK? see ya,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes and the Howdy! :grin: Also thanks for the help. Chormequeen I searched yahoo again and found a couple of places with parts, Thanks! Guess I just needed to use Vintage instead of classic :-? Also, I was really surprised at the warm welcomes! reminds me how up tight VW people are... Glad to be here and thanks again for the welcomes!

I'll keep a steady up date of my bike.

Brian

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
yeah, we have a real good group here. everyone seems to be genuine in their interest in everything, just like i can't wait to see pics and progress updates on your new "cheap ride".

david

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hey Slick, welcome. Chromequeen has already mentioned the places I would suggest. I think you will have fun getting old bike road worthy. This a great forum for what you need. Check out Mechanics Corner and I think it is called vintage bikes on this site. Good luck

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
slick, first welcome, for parts, there is a place locally that might have what you need and will ship. look for bent bikes,in lynwood washington

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
Slick said:
Hey,
I guess I'll introduce myself first. My name is Brian I'm 17 and come from the ****ty ol' state of Georgia! :) I've been into Volkswagens and worked on them for most of my life, but I just bought a "nearly" running '73 Kawasaki 350 (F9A) for the outrageous price of 25 bucks! :razz: This "nearly" running bike of course needs a few parts. I've been looking of the net for the past couple of days for sites that sell parts for my bike, but came up with nothing... What I'd like to know if anyone has a place they normally get parts from over the net?

Thanks for any help and I look forward to hanging out here!

Brian

P.S. I need the piston, jug, and the head.

Welcome Brian. What part of Georgia you in?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey thanks for even more welcomes! :) David here’s my photobucket album. http://photobucket.com/albums/v246/somevwdude/ I'm gonna get a site going soon with more details. Bluestringer I'm in Hoschton, GA (Northeast)
Spok I looked up bent bikes, they have the brake shoes I need but 300 for a motor is a little steep but thanks for the link now I'll be able to stop! :razz:

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
837 Posts
welcome to the forum brian...hope you can get that thing running soon :wink:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts