Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I am new to the forum. I just bought a 1982 kz1100 shaft drive. It's only got 15K and looks mostly good and drives well. Although I want to keep it as stock as possible I want to do a few things. My list: Oil cooler, electronic ignition, floarboards! and toe-heel shifter. Any help with these items would be very appreciated. Oh BTW, my avatar is the best picture I could find of my first Kaw 30 some years ago, the H2, wow that was a fun bike (and scary but I was just a kid, hahaha) I would have laughed at floarboards and shaft drive back then...;)
Kevin;)

·
Obfuscation Engineer
6,708 Posts
floorboards for the 82' might best be scavenged off a police bike . That will get you the linkage and the floorboards . The only problem is it will require two loops welded to the frame .

~kop

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The KZ1100 already has electronic ignition, and in my opinion the factory electronic ignition is better than any aftermarket stuff for street use.
yeah, I figured that out already. What do you think about replacing the coils? Also, I was going to take out the air suction system, doesn't seem necessary. I'll post pics when I get the tank back on!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.