Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! :D

I am very glad to be part of an international Kawasaki forum.
I recently bought my first bike, a Kawasaki (it goes without saying!) dual sport KL250, aka Super Sherpa…and I just adore it!!!
Unfortunately, here in Greece it is not a popular model and I have a hard time finding other “proud” owners to exchange tips and advice…so I would greatly appreciate any tips, secrets or pros and cons regarding my bike, as well as any idea on how to find a repair manual, for I consider doing minor repairs myself.

Thanks in advance for your help (and excuse my English!). :oops:

Take care and always wear your helmet!
8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK...let me get this straight...
is it my nationality that bothers you, my gender or my bike?
are you bike-racist?
is my humble 250cc dual sport too small for you to care or have an opinion?
I thought this was a kawasaki oriented forum, dedicated to bike lovers
wanting to help regardless of cc and horse power.
I thought wrong...
enjoy your stay in this biased, unfriendly forum,
I'm outta here!
:|

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Sorry nobody answered you so far.

This is a relatively new forum, only been up a few months. Nothing to do with your nationality or your bike or your gender ( actually I can't tell from your post what your gender is ). 555 members so far and growing, guess your dual sport isn't at this time a popular model on this site. Doesn't mean others won't join, just please give it time.

Even if there are no other kl250 owners on site doesn't mean we can't share and be of help with any questions you might have. Site is run by Beartooth Kawasaki so factory trained technicians do drop in and offer advice when they get a little time ( just don't expect an immediate response).

Welcome to the site, hope to see you back here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i got a 78' kl 250 try geting parts off ebay.com its a good bike but with some problems but most are a preatty easy fix but it will always take a beatting

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2001 KL250-H5. It has LCD speedo etc which is always on so the battery needs care and attention as I don't get to use it as much as I would like (it'd be nice if it had a kickstart). A good bike though.

I hunted down a workshop manual which covers models from 1997 through 2001 if anyone needs anything looked up.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
Uncle Bob said:
Sorry nobody answered you so far.

This is a relatively new forum, only been up a few months. Nothing to do with your nationality or your bike or your gender ( actually I can't tell from your post what your gender is ).
555 members so far and growing, guess your dual sport isn't at this time a popular model on this site. Doesn't mean others won't join, just please give it time.

Even if there are no other kl250 owners on site doesn't mean we can't share and be of help with any questions you might have. Site is run by Beartooth Kawasaki so factory trained technicians do drop in and offer advice when they get a little time ( just don't expect an immediate response).

Welcome to the site, hope to see you back here.
ya think we've grown a little from then Spok ? :grin:

·
Registered
5 Posts
78 kawasaki kl250

i have a 78 kawasaki kl250 and I live in los angeles. I get most of my parts on ebay. it's kind of a nightmare. It took me a month to find 6 volt blinkers and another month for someone to put them on. once they were on they barely blink, every time they blink the head lights dim. I love this bike though, if anyone is good at fixing them i would love some advice. thanks

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
fueltv
i would post a thread in the mechanics corner or the vintage section and i am sure there are some members that will be able to help you out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts