Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· GHOSTRIDER
3,361 Posts
I'd do the Wiseco 810. AFTER you install a set of 29 smoothbores and a pipe. Reason being, you don't have $800 worth of bore job in a $200 bike. You'll be able to sell a set of 29 smoothies for what you have in them and they are the most cost effective modification.
He said he wanted to do it cheap. You keep calling for them 29mm smoothies, got any working "cheap ones?"

· GHOSTRIDER
3,361 Posts
Thanks. I've been taking old '80s import bikes and changing fenders and seats to update them, without over modernizing them though. I'm just looking to beef performance to keep up with the new stuff. I build these because they a reliable and dead cheap to buy. I've actually been toying with the idea of building a manifold to accept a single carb and using propane for motivation. Taking a tank and gutting it to use as a cover. It would hide two to three of the small torch size propane cylinders fitted to a common fuel manifold. I've played with propane conversions on bigger engines, thought itd be a challenge on a bike.

Also, how well does turbo charging work?

Thanks
Interesting! Ive used golf carts powered by LP gas in plant work, never thought about motorcycle applications. I do know the lp powered engines dont run as well as the gasoline engines. And turbos on bikes are crazy fast! And they are the most expensive option to making horsepower! To get the most bang for your buck, rejet the carbs and install a header. Youll never make an older two valve head engine keep up with todays rockets with four valves per cylinder and cnc engines. You will however blow any v-twin away and the 250cc rockets with properly tuned and jetted carbs and a header!:wink:

· GHOSTRIDER
3,361 Posts
And exactly how many of today's rockets will run nines in the quarter and 211 mph in the flying mile, on the same gearing? 2 valve 84 750 Turbo did in 2008
Apples to oranges aint it? My claim didnt include turbos or solid rocket boosters.:lol: The same set up on a four valve head will smoke the two valve head every time! Apples to apples!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.