Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the whole bike world, but i was with my step dad when he picked up 2 -89 ZX-10's...one is stretched and lowered, the other was wrecked into the back of a car. the wrecked one we paid 250 for to use for parts, but i convinced my step dad into letting me have it if i fixed it. I put forks, radiator, oil cooler, exhaust on it so far. the guy we got it off of said it had a racing motor and transmission in it. Don't know anything about that though. Its up and running right now and seems extremly fast from the few test runs :) . I was just wondering if someone could let me in on some info on this bike....specs, top speed, quarter, anything like that. Maybe where i can find parts cheap?

Thanks,
Jeremy

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey Jeremy

Congrats on getting it going :)

I'm not in the USA so can't really give you many hints on parts etc. ebay is sometimes helpful.

Are you really new to the bike world? If you've been out riding fast you are certainly a brave man, hope you have got some good protective gear. Ok, I'm probably a bit anal about that but when you go sliding down the road you'll know why ;-)

Specs, try searching on google. The data sheets at www.buykawasaki.com (in the parts diagrams section, seem to be missing for the 89 ZX 10 Ninja anyway). You could try the owners manual if you have that too. I'm sure someone will have some specs for you though.

Right I must learn to shut up, or I'll chat away all night, welcome and good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
understandable with the whole protective gear thing. I just started with bikes like last summer, so i don't have a lot of experience. I rode my friends honda 500 for a while to get used to it. And I am scared to just get on it down the street. My friend that owns the 500 has been riding for a while and he won't give it more than half throttle down the street cause he said he's got to used to it. He was barely able to take off at first cause the back end started getting crazy on him :) This bike is just something to play with, get running and looking good, then selling and getting something smaller to play with. Okay, its my turn to shut up :roll:

·
Registered
44 Posts
:)

Well I only got my licence in August and since then have only ridden my bike so think your ahead of me :) Nobody has told me to shut up on ere yet but give it time, lol.

Good luck getting it looking good, bodywork seems to be one of my downfalls... That and I want a garage to work in ;-)

Oh yeah, think we always ask if you have any pics just coz were nosey, and so we can drool over your bike on ere ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts