Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, newbie to this forum. I have been browsing around a bit, and this site seems to be very helpful.
I currently have a 2001 Kaw Prarie 300 4x4. I can take that thing, and have, anywhere, and have yet to get stuck. I am also in the process of purchasing a 2001 Kaw Vulcan 800B Classic. Between the nice weather itch all riders get, and the current gas "joke" a bike seems to fit the bill. I have riden 4-wheelers, learned in dirt bikes, and rockets and cruisers for several years. I have to say there is nothing like a bike and the open road. I look forward to reading and posting, in the near future.
Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
WELCOME

WELCOME! Hope that you can assist with all the questions that pop up about things in general...nice that you have a background well rounded in all the areas of riding!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well if the Vulcan is anywhere near the quality of a machine as my 4 wheeler, I am sure I will be completly satisfied. My praire 4 wheeler is tough. I have gone through mud that covered the wheels.
Once I fix my Prarie, I will be back on the trails. Had a little accident in a creek last year, where another rider t boned me directly at my drivers front wheel, cracking the knuckle (130.00 part).
Thanks for the welcomes.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
I live in Munfordville --about an hour and a half away from you. My wife and I both ride bikes, her 30 years and me 20. I have an 81 KZ550 and she has a R80RT BMW ( she wore it out 300,000 mikes on it) and a 80 KZ750 LTD twin, we are picking up Saturday, hopefully. Welcome to the forum. and maybe we could ride together sometime.

Mack

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
I rode all over the country (including 4 years in Australia) from the when it was delivered to me in June of 1984 until June of 95 when I parked it . It was my only source of transportation at the time, so I rode it year round in all sorts of weather. I have a photo of the bike with 12" of snow on the seat!!! :lol:

The weather is beautiful today, so I rode my motorcycle in this morning. Mack is doing a tune up on the car.

Heather

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd say you've gotten the most out your bike! I am originally from Chicago, and when I rode my 1976 Honda CB500SS, I would wouldn't be afraid to don a pair of Carharts and ride in 20 degree weather. The cold is enough to freeze those sporatic tears to the cheeck, but the plus was no bugs leaving a knot on my forehead, hehe.

·
Registered
134 Posts
There's a lot of nice motorcycling roads in Kentucky. I live in Versailles and cruising through the horse farms and down to the Kentucky River provides a lot of good miles for any style of riding. 8)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts