Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  bud8fan 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
Just signed up and wanted to introduce myself. I am 65 yrs old and just retired and live in Orange County, Ca. Just started riding again after 15 years (1st bike was Yamaha RD350), Last year took the MSF course with my son and bought a used Vulcan 1500A. My son has a 1500C.
Since I have old bones and limited riding experience I have a full face helmet and padded riding gear. Also the wife made me carry a cell phone, hoping I can still dial 911 after I go down.
Anyway, 2000 miles later, I really like cruising and working on my bike. I really gave a lot of thought to buying a 750 or 1100 but I am very happy when I went for the 1500. Love the HP & torque, I don't go faster than 70 mph but I like getting there fast! Besides, at 6-1 and 225 lbs, I look silly on a small bike.

Have some questions and comments, but will save them for another post.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
kawboy said:
Hey Bob, Welcome...I hear what you're saying..I'm 59 and had not done any riding for 40 years so I started considerably smaller...Vulcan 500 LTD but it's capable of causing more than a little embarassment to some of the midsize V2's out there and will go a whole lot faster than I ever intend to go. Enjoy your ride and be safe.
Thanks for the welcome, I've heard that often....Kawi get up and go, no matter what size they are.
In your area i would expect you can ride all year, mostly mild winters? Here in Orange county, CA we are lucky to ride year round. The downside is we have alot of traffic 24/7... so we need to pick our roads and stay away from the super slab

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Re: welcome

bikeaholic said:
welcome to the board bob917,

ask away the guys on here will do their best to help :wink:
nice choice of scoots :D you prolly won't be working on it much its a kawi :lol:

ride safe!!
Thanks for the welcome. You're right,Kawi seem to be very reliable, I just like to tinker, clean and upgrade the scoot for fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.