Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I generally hate introducing myself but this is the first motorcycle forum I've registered to...

I don't have a bike... :( ..... yet. :) I've seriously been contemplating getting one so I'm just getting a feel of the forums...

:D

So hi!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

welcome!

any questions you may have,ask away - i'm sure the guys/girls here will help you out

go take the saftey course-you don't need a bike for that! :wink:

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Welcome aboard, what kind of ride are you leaning towards?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, the Dept. of Licensing has a pretty good safety course that I plan on taking before I get a bike. :)

I'd prefer a sportbike, but I'm a little concerned about learning to ride initially on one of those... so I was looking at a little cruiser like the Vulcan 500 for now. :) I don't want to bite off more than I can chew right off the bat.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

good deal- your thinking smart :wink:

no problem starting out on sport bike imo
like anything just have to learn the right way!!

vulcan 500 is great choice in criusers,but a ninja is a great choice of sportbike too,they just ride and handle different as long as you learn the
right style of riding on the right bike-your good to go :wink:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Akiahara96 said:
. . . this is the first motorcycle forum I've registered to...
Well, you just found the best one on the net.

Akiahara96 said:
I'd prefer a sportbike, but I'm a little concerned about learning to ride initially on one of those... so I was looking at a little cruiser like the Vulcan 500 for now.
If you're undecided about cruiser vs. sportbike, I'd suggest the cruiser. I think they tend to do less damage (dollar-wise) when they crash. Even though I'm on a Ninja, I think that Vulcan 500 is a great choice.

If you decide to go for a sportbike, I'd suggest a Ninja 250. It's nice and light, and plenty fast. If peer pressure is a problem, go for the Ninja 500 instead.
Curt

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess the more I think about it, the more I like the Vulcan...

I can always get a sportbike in two years... heh... then have both. :) I think I need a bigger garage. :D

I'm looking into the MSF supported class here and I'd like to get into that soon. mwaha! Excitement. :D

Thanks, guys!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

Great to have you aboard! IF you take the MSF Class they will provide a bike...then you should go to the dealers and set on them for a decent period of time to see how they fit and feel after some time on/in the saddle...and where the controls are as well...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

Great to have you aboard! IF you take the MSF Class they will provide a bike...then you should go to the dealers and set on them for a decent period of time to see how they fit and feel after some time on/in the saddle...and where the controls are as well...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
whoa.. triple post. ;)

where in the NW, ninjagirl?

Yeah, the contact that the DOL gave on their website was wrong... so I have some investigating to do to see if they still do those classes or not.. or if it's been moved somewhere else.

Oi!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

don't listen to him-he's trying to get you on the dark side! :lol:

here-no pressure :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Freakinout said:
20 year old woman + sportbike = hot

20 year old woman + cruiser = still hot

hahaha... well, I'm glad you think so! My boyfriend is sorta not into the idea at all... His words are, "whatever"... so.. whatever. :D

I saw a guy on a Ninja 250 today... FYI. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Freakinout said:
20 year old woman + sportbike = hot

20 year old woman + cruiser = still hot
20 year old woman + sportbike = hotter than 20 year old woman + cruiser. :lol:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts