Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i'm andrew and am the current new member.. (that deserves a prize or something) anyway i'm 16 and looking into getting a ninja 250.. i know they aren't the fastest but the price is right and insurance is good. any information about them would be appriciated.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Welcome to the forum Andrew 8) I'm sure plenty of people can provide you with info on the 250. Were you trying to get something specific about the 250?

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
welcome andrew. I can't tell you from experience but many in here will tell you the 250 is plenty fast enough...

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
welcome

welcome to the forum andrew. glad to see you have enough sense (a limited budget probably swayed you more !) to start small. i have never ridden one myslef but i know quite a few people on here swear by them. i am sure you will be more than pleased with it, especially as a first street bike. good luck.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Have a look at this link:

http://www.beginnerbikes.com/guide/ninja250r.html

Their site has a nice selection of info on beginner bikes of all makes and styles. I found them while searching for information on my first (and current) bike: a Ninja 500R. Be sure to find and take a Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) Basic Rider Course (BRC) near you. It's relatively cheap and they will even supply the bike and helmet for you. I took the MSF course one weekend and then bought my bike the following weekend. It is the safest and one of the best ways to learn how to ride.

·
Registered
837 Posts
welcome to the forum andrew . lots of sport bike riders here..

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Andrew,

Welcome to the Forum.....There is alot of knowledge and wisdom up here.
I really enjoy cruisin the forum and reading all the posts.

I would like to echo what the other guys said...take the MSF riding course. This will help to get off on the right foot and give you a discount on your insurance.

Happy ThanksGiving.

Heather

1 - 9 of 9 Posts