Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday was a lovely day so i figured i'd take out the 900 because she's been feeling a little left out since i bought the RR and the weather has been crappy.
So we went for an awesome cruise around in the afternoon until it started to get dark.
I went home and swapped out my dark smoke visor for my clear one... grabbed my camera and tripod and headed out to take some updated nighttime photos, now that my bike is pretty much how I want her.

I'd not taken any photos of her at night since putting the new sissy-bar on, the new bullet spotlights on the engine guards, the new headlight, new mirrors, and the blue LED backlight for my custom speedo.

So i then i figured I'd share them with y'all.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers.

Got the Highway Hawk 'Hawk' headlight.

had the Highway Hawk 'Triple' headlight, but the chrome quality was crap, it took 30 minutes to dismantle the thing to change one bulb, and the H3 bulbs kept blowing....

the 'Hawk' H4 is perfect for me

·
Needs More Cowbell
11,774 Posts
Nice pics Steve. I like the backrest, different than most for sure and looks much better than the F&S.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thankies Douggie!

what's a "F&S" when it's at home??? :confused:

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:)
Winter?

do it in one evening so you can enjoy it over the summer... :lol:

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya.
it's not as bright on the ground as it was... but it is a little 'intense' now ya mention it..... wonder if i can angle them a little differently to dissipate it a bit.

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
ya.
it's not as bright on the ground as it was... but it is a little 'intense' now ya mention it..... wonder if i can angle them a little differently to dissipate it a bit.
Could it be the exposure of your camera making them look brighter than they are?

Anyway, pics look good...especially like the ones next to all the pillars.

I love shooting at night...got myself a Nikon D90 a little over a week ago primarily to improve the quality of those night shots (have yet to get a chance to REALLY use it though :toetap: ).

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
could be the exposure...
it's only a Casio compact camera, so not great quality for night shots.

if only i could afford a decent DSLR...

well, i probably could if i didn't have 2 motorbikes :lol:

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
precisely.

plus, the focus isn't what it used to be... i've mounted it to my bike a few times and i reckon the vibration messes with the optics. :(

·
WTF keeps ticking?!?!
1,334 Posts
Looking good, buddy. I bet you have to beat the ladies off with a stick when you ride around on that.

Orrrrr spare the rod, spoil the... uh... you.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looking good, buddy. I bet you have to beat the ladies off with a stick when you ride around on that.
:lol:
thanks!

well, i don't know if they chase me...
the bike's too loud to hear them scream for me to stop, and the mirrors are too small for me to see if they're running after me :lol:

Orrrrr spare the rod, spoil the... uh... you.
:confused:
eh?

·
WTF keeps ticking?!?!
1,334 Posts
Can someone help me here? Maybe it's an old american saying.

"Spare the rod, spoil the child."

I think it means something like beat your kids otherwise they'll be brats? Or maybe it means don't beat your kids so they will love you more? I have no clue it was kind of a lame joke.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can someone help me here? Maybe it's an old american saying.

"Spare the rod, spoil the child."

I think it means something like beat your kids otherwise they'll be brats? Or maybe it means don't beat your kids so they will love you more? I have no clue it was kind of a lame joke.
haha

sorry, i've never heard that before.

i thought it was a fishing joke.

"spare the rod, spoil the cod"

or something :confused:

hahaha :lol:

·
WTF keeps ticking?!?!
1,334 Posts
haha

sorry, i've never heard that before.

i thought it was a fishing joke.

"spare the rod, spoil the cod"

or something :confused:

hahaha :lol:
Hahah you know that would make much more sense to me! That needs to be a t-shirt or something.

I'll rephrase my statement:

If girls are chasing you, DON'T beat them off with a stick. I don't think girls like that. The proper thing to do is (according to Maryland Law) signal, and slowly pull to the side of the road, and remove any helmets and bandanas to properly receive kisses.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts