Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the look of the 250 lay out, but I want to mount a digital spedometer on my bike. Money, not an issue. I want somthing that will be easier to wire and can fit inside the wind bubble :) So I still have access to my original spedo and my digital. I am just spit balling the idea at the moment but I really want to have a quick/accurate speed meter instead of just making a quick guess when my bike is moving 90 mph

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
my 2007 ninja topped out 111mph via gps

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Of course it does :) Its not a lawnmower engine ;)

But I want to know a good brand or one that someone else has mounted. I want to be able to have exact speed because with my needle gauge it feels like its bouncing at 70+ and I like knowing perfect exact speed

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried using my fathers GPS and it was a bit slow on the get up. I should have been more clear, I want one that shows instantaneous speed.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, they only make them for the non-us 250rs.....I sad...because I really want somthing to give me that instant speed or idk...Thanks for the help jtc, A for effort

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like that Acewell one the best, But Also the motogradget would be nice if i could have it just set at speed. How hard would you think it to be if I would mount the acewell and rewire the turn signals(I have aftermart), headlight, and all those fancy things?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I wouldn't waste the money on that.
Digital speedos aren't very good, as you are constantly changing speeds on a bike, unlike a car.
I have a digital speedo on the 2009 650R and I compared it to my GPS the other day and it was off by about 2 mph on the freeway.
My 2008 250R was off more, by about 4-5 mph at 70+.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts