Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
www.learntoride.org
1,364 Posts
A good handful of members here do. Check out the ladies forum. Seems the Ninja 250 is a popular beginner or long-term ride for ladies. Even I started out on a borrowed one. The owner just needed too much $$$ for it, or I might have bought one and lowered it for myself and would have made the riding position more comfy for day-long rides with handle-bar risers and stuff.

·
<3
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i wanted to get a honda CBR600 when i get my motorcycle license next year and my dad talked me down to a Ninja 250

·
<3
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i'm not exactly a beginner... i've been riding dirtbikes since i was 5 yrs. old and riding on the back of my dads motorcycle since i was in kindergarten.. so i'm pretty much used to it now

·
ATGATT
2,227 Posts
Do your research on the CBR. I have a few friends who have the 06 and 07 CBR600's..and within a year, both of their charging systems went out. I was going to get one myself before I heard about that. So i got a Ninja 636 instead. About to get the new 250R for a gas saver.

·
<3
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanx... thats good to know.. i just need a reliable ride to get me places.. especially back and forth to skool every day

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
Actually I just got this one :wink:

I got it to be my commuter bike for short trips and stuff. But was quite surprised at how fast it could scoot. I'm amazed a little 250 can launch like it does in the higher rpms -has no trouble doing 70+mph all day long and can easily touch 90mph even with my fat self :mrgreen:

For the longer trips its still a job for the Nad of course 8)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just got a 2007 in Blue for my wife. It is proven, safe and alot of fun. I would recomend them to anyone starting out riding!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts