Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am looking for my first street bike and can't decide which one I want to get. I will get either a Kawasaki Ninja 250R (2008 or newer) or a CBR600(rr or f4i etc.). I want zippy, but not 0~100 in half a second... lol

I am 5' 7" and 220lbs, with 12 years of dirt bike riding and have riddin a little kawasaki eliminator (for the team oregon) but no real experience on a sport bike.

I would just get a CBR, but the price of the 250 is amazing, so I keep going back to it.

Any suggestions would be GREAT! Thanks!!!!
Respond here, or e-mail me at: [email protected]

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
well, there was no need to post it 3 times :lol:

At your height and weight, i don't think the 250 will be a problem for you, and the CBRs won't either.

You have a lot of dirt bike experience, so i wouldn't say the 600RR is out of the question.
I would probably advise against it if you had little-no motorbike experience.

The biggest issue with the 600RR is clutch control and learning to control your right wrist :biggrin:

with 12 years on dirt bikes, i imagine you should be fine with the RR.
I'm 5'7" and my 600RR fits me great.

I don't know how old you are, but the riding position is pretty extreme on the RR.
the F4i is still sporty, but not as 'focused'.
It's a more sporty sport-tourer, and very good for long distance stuff, while still being good on the track and twisties.

What kind of riding do you want the bike for?

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
listen to steve, he gets up before the rest of us

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
the CBR600rr 2007 was the wifes second bike after riding her 650 cruiser about 9 months

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
though all that is gone now AMEN!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts