Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I live in the UK and am planning to get a standard license soon, which iirc restricts you to a bike of 33bhp and 25kW in power. Does this mean that this bike is illegal on this license? If it is, can I restrict it? I really want this bike.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
The EX 250 only has about 26 hp. I think you should be ok.

·
Registered
456 Posts
The Ninja 250R is a fantastic bike. If there is any way you can get it, I highly recommend it. But 26HP is at the rear wheel. It's 36HP at the engine.

I don't know what the UK uses: rear wheel HP or engine HP. Why don't you ask your local licence office? Then you can also ask them if restrictions are allowed.
Curt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just spent the best part of 20 minutes on the phone to the licensing people, freaking useless.
Anyway, apparently they don't specify, they go by whatever specification the manufacturer gives *grumble*. I can't find out what that is because they don't list the bike on their site for some reason.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hm... I was under the impression that the EX250/250R/GPZ250 was made to fit these restrictive markets. Unfortunately the deciding factor is the power at the wheel or engine, since 36hp is basically 36bhp and 26kw of power.

Sorry we can't be of much more use... I would think we have a few members in the UK. Perhaps they could advise you...

·
Registered
1,384 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Our Ex-250/Ninja 250R

Is the same bike here in hte US. You have aq ZZR-250 that is a better bike with the same engine...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts