Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

i am looking to buy a kawasaki ninja 250 i have never rode a streetbike and am 16 i dont care what year or miles just no more then $1200 does anybody have one for sale or know where i can get one for that price ?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I cant help you with that but 1200 is a reasonable price for a good used one with fairly low miles. Its a good bike to start off with at your age and experience. Keep it for at least a year, build your confidence and skills and then youll do fine on a bigger bike. Just dont get cocky like most teens do with there big bikes. You wont make it to your 18th birthday if you try to show off. Good luck and be safe. I take it that you have a good head on your shoulder because you want to start on a small bike. Most people your age want to go for the big bikes and some dont live to tell about it. Look on ebay and craigslist, they are all over the place. Good thing about that bike is youll buy it 1200, ride it for a year or what ever and sell it for 1000. you wont lose too much money on it so long as you take care of it. Hope that helps

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Be very careful buying one that either hasn't run in a while, or has been dropped at speed. (Long scratches in the direction of travel, as opposed to short scratches.) You might end up with a massive bill at the shop to fix it up. If you find something you like, tell the seller you want to have a shop look at it before closing the deal. $100 out of your pocket on the front end, might save you a lot more on the back end.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi,

thanks for all the info i put a forum in the buy sell trade part right after i posted this has anyone heard of a nitro 200? or a lifan lf-200 are they junk?? once again if anyone has one or knows someone who has one let me know im looking for anything 250cc or under

·
Premium Member
2,408 Posts
DO NOT get a lifan.... my friend got one and it wont go over about 65mph.... and thats if the wind is behind you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi,

what does everyone think of a 1988 honda vtr 250 interceptor with 5k on it also my post in the buy sell got removed said 20 post minimum or somethin??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts