Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i got in 2 crashes today on my 500!!! :cry: :cry: and the front fairing is totally ******....

i was wondering to take off the front fairing, if you need to take off the gas tank to get the other screws off or not?

Ryan

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I've already given you crap about your wrecks.

So here goes repair

2 bolts on each mirror, remove those and mirrors.

2 screws near the back part of the tank, remove those.

2 bolts under the headlight on the bottom piece, remove those. Disconnect headlight and turn signals and remove fairing.

·
Registered
112 Posts
is he serious? how mant times have you gone down man?

Sounds like your not hurt but your prolly acting like an idiot and thats why your crashing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I crashed 2 times today!!!!!!!

althougn my only 2 crashes... first 2 crashes :p

well my front fairing is off :) it so naked right now, and looks like poop and would make a semi good streetfighter, but i personally dont like streetfighters

Ryan

·
Registered
380 Posts
Twice in one day is bad...

I wish you better riding in the future.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey. Read about your crashes on the GTA board too. Bummer man.

Are you planning on repairing or replacing your fairing? You best be hurrying, it seems that winter is fast approaching (especially judging by today). Us poor guys up north are going to be twiddling our thumbs for quite a while.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
TuckNRide said:
Hey. Read about your crashes on the GTA board too. Bummer man.

Are you planning on repairing or replacing your fairing? You best be hurrying, it seems that winter is fast approaching (especially judging by today). Us poor guys up north are going to be twiddling our thumbs for quite a while.
It was cloudy and cold here today, and this is freakin Texas!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey

yah, well today isnt so bad its acrtually nice and hot outside ... excellent bike weather. I am most likely going to try and fix the fairing since I found all the pieces that were broken off :p

as for the crash, i dont feel like ttyping it again :p but you can look at the forum post here;

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/viewtopic.php?t=20918

Ryan

·
Registered
429 Posts
Have u taken a MSF course? Sounds like you could use one. Seems like you need a boost of confidence. Thinking that you are definately going to lose it is the wrong attitude to have. As far as selling your bike for $4500-$5000....definately not going to happen. I bought mine off the showroom floor for $4600 with 0.7 miles on it plus tax and tags. Yours is red so i am guessing its an 02 and its in pretty rough shape so id say you might get somewhere in the neighborhood of $1500-$2500 for it. I wouldnt even think about a gixxer yet. Get your 500 back in riding condition and learn to ride before you get yourself into more serious trouble on a bigger, faster, less forgiving bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts