Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious about the top speed of the 500ex ninja. Not that I want to go that fast but just was curious.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
it should go 140, possibly higher, more likely it will go slower, depending on engine wear and whatnot. Mine fully upgraded goes 140 and still keeps pulling a little without being too close to redline. Just make sure you are in the proper place to go that fast and have good tires (stock ones aren't good enough)

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
TOPEND NINJA 500R

IF you take the Topend that two of you have used lets say it is 140...you do some gearing changes say 75% and you end up with a bike having a top end of still 105+, AND a missle that the other bikes won't even be able to see out on the twisties... I just forget that out in Texas they have long straight flat roads, trucks driving 90+MPH... IF I was driving cross country, or living in Texas, or some flat state (heck, Kansas is flat on teh other 2/3's of it) I might leave the gearing stock...but to have local fun and drive out in the mountains and hills, Kansas, Misouri area around here, no way would I be able to be content having wharp drive when I'm to busy with 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th, then grabbing all the brake i can safely pull in while downshifting a couple or three gears and going for it again. The entire south end of Misouri US 61 and 63 (??) going through teh Mark Twain National forests, or riding the old highway from St. Louis to Kansas City... We have our share of dead-mans curves out here south of KC that if you don't know them it's a serious nightmare if you let your mind wander for even a split moment. I want to go back through southern CA, AZ and NM, back up to north to CO, then back east till I get to CA and make the trip till I know the roads well enough to do it all again the other direction...YES!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts