Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the market for the first bike and went to check out the 500R today as well as the Suzuki GS500F. I liked everything about the Ninja in comparison, but wondered whether it would get uncomfortable after a bit of riding. I'm 6ft tall and have long'ish legs. It seemed my knees were a bit high when sitting on the bike etc...

Any tall people out there with experience on this bike?

Any thoughts much appreciated,
CINCNORAD

·
Registered
128 Posts
i'm 6 foot 1 inch, about 200 punds, and i fit the bike like a glove. it starts to get a little uncomfortable after about an hour and a half of straight riding, but by then it's time for a break anyways.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
500R

Comfort can be changed on almost any bike...Suggest that you stow the little windscreen for either a racing or touring, both taller to keep you out of the airflow, and you can get rearsets to assist in moving the legs a bit...also...you could take your seat into a boat shop and have the really cool closed cell foam intsalled and have them move the little hump further back for you when they shave the foam and put a new cover on it...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
500R

Then seriously consider the taller windscreen. It will save fuel, and keep you from being buffet-ed around so much.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm 6'5 with a 34 inseam and I've sat on NinjaGirl's bike (500R) and it seemed a bit more friendly to my height than the 250R that I currently own. Quite a bit bulkier and heavier though...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for tips everyone. After exhaustive comparisons and research -- I'll probably plunk down for a 2005 Ninja next week.

*ponders to self: Now... blue or black? :mrgreen:*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts