Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they the same bike? If not what are the differances between the two?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
SAME BIKE

Seems that Kawasaki likes to use both names/designations here in the US.
It sure would be great if Kawasaki made all the different models, but I guess that it would cost to much to make the changes. The EX500 with a sporty design like it is then a Ninja 500 solo-seat and fairing change, perhaps a pipe/can change and that would be all, except the decals. For that matter in My 250cc situation, EX250 could stay like it is now (losing the Ninja250R designation), then the Ninja 250R could have the solo-seat, a pipe/can change, and fairing, LED's instead of lamps, and decal change and then they could add in a ZX-2R with matching wheels, slight windshield modification(to the existing same fairing), same solo-seat, a hotter exhaust, airbox and carb setup, and even drop the handlebars, and install the ZX-2R decals. Just like having different versions of the same bike only this would be great, greater, greatest!
Looking at the cousin Suzuki 500...they just went to a full fairing...I would guess that Kawasaki will finally make some changes like the full fairing...and I would hope...that they offer a way of lowering the bars...it's due for SOME change!

·
Registered
17 Posts
the EX500 is the same with GPZ500S. but... the same with the ninja??? doesn't the ninja have 4 cylinder engine? the EX500 I know has 2.

·
Registered
116 Posts
That's my biggest complaint. Compared to other sport bikes the 500 feels likes it's got "ape hangers' for handle bars. Got some clip-ons inbound now.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
ex500a is pre-94, ex500D is post-94, so the ex500D=ninja 500R, but anything ex500 is the same as the ninja 500R for the most part, just gotta check your year models.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
ekinnee said:
You've been very quiet recently Freak, what's up?
I've been out riding tons, and when I'm not out riding I'm partying, or studying, whichever is more important at the moment (party on weekends, and study by weekday)

I've also been setting up a linux box to build a mIRC server with.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
ekinnee said:
Ping me if you need help. I've been doing Linux admin works since early '98.
jesus, thats a lot of linux work. I've got linux loaded and working good, just waiting on some stuff from one of the opers on the irc network. Then I'll be in good shape.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Uncle Bob said:
Woul it be that you're being unfaithfull and surfing non Kawasaki sites now would it ?.
I would NEVER surf a non-kawi site, I mean, that'd be like a sin!

I've actually been void from all the forums I go to lately, lots of actual work at work keeps me from playing there and heavy loads of stuff to do from school is keeping me busy at home when I'm not riding, hopefully I'll have a lot more time in about 5 weeks when this session is over, now I just have to decide if I want to take summerschool or not.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
SURFING!

I would hope that our members would SURF a couple of the "other" webs. I know that this is where I prefer to be after being a "GUEST" of a couple others. My site for Studebakers finally started "Charging" its members. I have a 1951 Studebaker Commander State 2 door Sedan, (yep, it's a Sedan in the paperwork and only has 2 doors), so I was interested in keeping with all the information like we do with Kawasakis here on this site. My 1974 Camaro Type LT is just setting here since my Surgery, so I'll be selling it this summer. Surfing is okay in that only the valuable (?), or pig-headed (HA) remain on in the FORUM!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts