Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still gotta prep and paint it. Its purple(blueish)/red/silver, but I think I'm gonna hit it with some flat black and possibly do some decals to blend it all together. Here it is so far.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
FULL FAIRING

OFF of What? it looks good. Can you still use the belly pan, too?

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: FULL FAIRING

ZX-2R said:
OFF of What? it looks good. Can you still use the belly pan, too?
It replaces the belly pan, Targa makes this piece for a ex500. Its a great improvement from what kawi makes it with.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Painting complete. Wetsanded it all with some 1500 grit to make it smooth, still need to buff it a bit to get it really really smooth, but that'll wait for another day.

·
Registered
65 Posts
cool full lower, but ah, no offense man, but why don't you paint it silver to match the rest of the bike? Have you gotten some quotes? It would probably cost you less than the price you paid for it as you've already done a significant amount of work (sanding & priming).

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gorillahandz said:
cool full lower, but ah, no offense man, but why don't you paint it silver to match the rest of the bike? Have you gotten some quotes? It would probably cost you less than the price you paid for it as you've already done a significant amount of work (sanding & priming).
The silver is unmatchable. Its '96 mustang metallic silver w/ extra metallic added, and blue pearl sprayed on top, we did it at 2am at my brothers paintshop. I actually like the two tone better. I just gotta do some graphics to get it all blended.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Ninja500RR

bikeaholic, REALLY nice! you now have the very first, what I would call a Ninja 500RR! The full bottom fairing is awesome. It cleans up the really nice and fells in that ugly empty gap. Nice going!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts