Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a head-to-head comparison of the two 500's in the lastest issue of Motorycle Consumer News. The Kawasaki, of course, did not just win the comparison, but is also seemed to impress the individuals conducting the test with its performance.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The website is www.mcnews.com.

The comparison is not listed in their usual road test listing, instead, it's included in their product comparison section. It's not titled, but I believe it's labeled "Product Comparison" parts 1 and 2. The product comparison section is below their road tests.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, once your on the website, click on "Model Evaluation," then, scroll down past all the road tests, to the "Product Comparison" section, and click on "Model Comparison."

·
Registered
154 Posts
This is my post one day before - topic: Kawasaki Ninja500R or Suzuki GS500F: :) Copy/Paste

Cale
Found First Gear

Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:59 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found this on internet from "jrparker99":

EXvsGS
I was just looking through Motorcycle Consumer News’ website and found a .pdf file of this article.

Go to their website: www.mcnews.com/
Go to ‘Model Evaluation’
The first article under ‘Product Comparison’ is the July 2004 Ninja 500 vs. GS500 (Just labeled Model Comparison, Part 1 and Part 2)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now that we've gotten all of that out of the way, the bottom line here is this: The motorcycling press seems to coming to the realization that the 500R is everything most of you have been saying about it. It's quite a valuable, capable motorcycle. Too bad we can't get people like Cycleworld to acknowledge the existence of anything but the latest overly priced Italian offering.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I read the article. It is the best I have found so far, and believe me I have been looking. Getting 1st bike soon (Nov) and have narrowed the field to the Ninja 500r and the Katana 600. The article was very informative. Just wish I could find an article on the Katana 600 that was that informative.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
taehapdo said:
I read the article. It is the best I have found so far, and believe me I have been looking. Getting 1st bike soon (Nov) and have narrowed the field to the Ninja 500r and the Katana 600. The article was very informative. Just wish I could find an article on the Katana 600 that was that informative.
The katana 600 is a similar situation to the ninja 500, over a decade and a half old technology that is very reliable. check out www.katanaplanet.com for more info on that model.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is a magazine called "Sportbike 2004" which is published once a year. Hopefully it's still on the shelves. It's published by Cycleworld, and lists all the sportbikes on the market. In this year's copy, there's an article called "The B Team," which compares the Katana 600 to the Kawasaki ZZR600 and the Yamaha YZF600R.

·
Registered
154 Posts
If you compare the bikes made in Italy and made in Japan you can say SPORT bikes from Japan have better performance. That's it. If you didn't ride any Italian bike then you cannot compare them. My dream is MVAgusta F4. Japan will never be able to make something like it. The same with cars. They can make a faster car than a Ferrari and what? The best 750 Agusta had 147hp 5 years ago, and top of 307km/h hitting limiter in 6th. Model 1000 came out this year and has 166 Whp. The handling, the sound and the engine made by Ferrari, and somebody is telling me this is too expensive. Harley is too expensive, not the Italians.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i'd love to have a ghezzi & brian kimera

not too much speed, but it looks nice

1 - 20 of 26 Posts