Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an 85 ZX900 A2 and the fairing is all beat to hell and back. Lots of cracks, one side of the windshield brace is gone, turnsignal on right ripped out. While scrounging for turn signals at my local dealer, I found a ninja 600 that was in a flood. Got signals and the whole front fairing and windshield for a few bucks more.
Tried it on mine, but just didn't quite match up. Very close. I'm thinking of going back and getting the mounting bracket from the 600 and seeing if I can get that to fit on my bike (the new fairing is pretty much perfect). Any thoughts on this? Anybody ever done a cross year/size transplant?
Ed

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK update on the frankencycle. I got the bracket from the 600 and the lower fairing yesterday (for 15.00). I love my local dealer! I think I amuse the hell out of them. Going to get the tires next week....:biggrin: So far I've got the entire set of front fairings, all four turn signals, and a perfect windshield for a whopping 55.00 (less than I would have paid for an aftermarket windshield on ebay.
Next challenge is to try and mate that bracket up with my bike. Its actually warm enough today, but its my wife's birthday and I'm remodeling the bathroom. She let me buy two more motorcycles to play with this year without a peep. I figure a new sink and some tile work is the least I can do.
I'll let you know how "the transplant" goes.
Ed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.