Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. first time posting. Any help appreciated. I have a 93 Ninja 600R model. its kind of a rat, but its my first bike and i need it to ride. anyways. it has 23k on it. What its doing is it won't go into neutral after it warms up, also at 40 mph in 4th gear it rpm is at 7 grand, when it used to be 40 mph in 3rd at 5 grand. I just put frictions and springs in it tonight. But nothing changed. It also just started to idle at 3 grand now. This just started before I put in the frictions and springs and is still there after. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts

3 Grand Idle has nothing to do with the clutch. Check your plugs and see if they are white or very light in color...maybe even a rusty redish. Sounds as if it is running to lean...then again I have been surprized by things running to rich too...then the plugs would be black or ver dark and sometimes wet. If you have that many miles on it get a compression check on it and you may need the valves adjusted...What ever you find get back on the forum and let us know!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
idle

u can ajust ur idle with that little black nob thingy on the left side near ur carbs, it sticks out like a sore thumb "can't miss it".. k, and bout the rpm to speed ratio change is tire air presure and wear or u have ur sprockets changed any time lately? thats kinda weird

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the plugs are new, but i guess i could check them. The 3 grand idle isnt really my problem. Its the not being able to get it into neutral and the pulling all the time even when im stopped and my clutch lever is pushed in. I just thought maybe the 3 grand idle was tide in since all this sh*t is happening at the same time, but yea i'll check the plugs and do a compression test. Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
rickchase said:
Its the not being able to get it into neutral and the pulling all the time even when im stopped and my clutch lever is pushed in. /quote]

Clutch needs adjusted if it is pulling with clutch lever in. It should not pull at all when clutch lever is pulled in.

Go back to you book and adjust it as shown in your manual. or buy one if you ain't got one.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Look at the right side of your engine and squeeze your clutch, you should see a cable pulling an arm going into the side of the engine with some adjuster nuts on it. That is your clutch adjustment. Just loosen the nut farthest back and tighten the one infront and that should fix the neutral problem.
You say the friction plates where just replaced, was the discs soaked in engine oil before installed. Also certain plates have to be installed in one direction only, if installed incorrectly they may slip.

·
Registered
302 Posts
My 91 ninja did had the same clutch problem as yours. It's difficult for me to explain this without showing you. Look at where the two clutch rods meet. The groove where one clutch rod slides onto the other to disengage the engine is probably worn out. If I am not being clear enough tell me, and I'll see if I can't send some pictures to better explain it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts