Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

I have a Ninja 600R. I rode it to work today and everything was fine. Went to go to lunch, got half way out the parking lot when it just cut out. The temp gauge said it was burning hot but the bike has been sitting for hours. If i shake the bike, it will go back to normal and it will start again. But as soon as i start to move, it dies and the gauge goes hot again. I know that it is a sensor that is bad, but i don't know which one. Also, If anyone could tell me a way to bypass it, that would be great.

Thanks

Andrew

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
one other thing it's doing is that when it does run.... that tach jumps around alot but the eninge stays at ideal.

Andrew

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
SAME

Definately sounds like a bad ground. You could use a jumper with aligator clips or whatever to make sure that each area is grounded till you find the affected area. Long story, but I have 3 of them now...that's what it took to resolve (read FIND) a bad ground...one that I thought was okay, because I loosened and redid...never cleaning under it...first...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where are the grounded areas on the bike? It's a Ninja 600R.

Also, how do I find if it is bad or not?

Andrew

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Ground

DREW, look at your Service manual and start checking off all the grounds as you clean them. The places where the (usually black) wires attach to the motor, frame, transmission, even check the Service manual for grounds on the handlebars for the instruments or switches. You can use electrical grease or whatever instead of WD-40 because it will last longer. If you use a sandpaper, jewlers file, knife, emery cloth, even a nail shaper/buffer to clean your parts with make sure you use something like a clean cloth to remove any dust that is still there before you put a light film of grease on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts