Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get rid of the stupid OEM mud flap that belongs to a scooter. I dont have any idea what kawi was thinking putting that there. Its a simple fact that the other higher proformance/larger engined bikes of all makes DO NOT have them. And they look amazing.

My problem is, I cant find one specifically made for a 250. They are a general kit that you will need to cut if you have this bike, or do this for this bike and I really want one that is custom made for my bike. So if you have one on your bike, your buddy has one on his, or grandma likes the one on hers a lot, I want to know. I am leery on some kits because I have aftermarket turn signals that are flush mounted(right against fairing) and sold the OEM.

So thanks for the help in advance!!!!!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I really like that one, because I need to use my own license plate bracket with the inspection tag section below the plate. Thanks for the link!

·
Gotta love the zx10
235 Posts
no prob google is my friend :D I saw one on amazon too but this one I posted looked more factory looking than the others I saw.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Take pics if you put it on! I'm looking to do it for my 10r but I think I can fabricate a metal plate myself and save a boat load of money.

But here is one I just googled.. doesn't look bad in my opinion

Surfside Moto: 2008-2010 Kawasaki 250R Fender Eliminator Kit by Speed Tactics
Would I be able to use that one with the turn signals I have mounted now? Because from the look of it, I Would not be able to.

07Ninja, I cant check that link out til I get home. Stupid firewalls

·
Gotta love the zx10
235 Posts
im not really sure how the turn signals mount on. I thought they just screwed into the sides.

reading further on it I found this....

"The kit includes one bracket, mounting hardware, license plate hardware and installation instructions. Installation requires cutting of the stock fender. Stock signals can be retained and used if desired. Removal of your stock fender and license plate light are required."

So I guess you just cut off what isn't needed and add the bracket. I'll look around for some better ideas but a good thing would be to buy a stock one for cheap and then modify that... for some people like me I like to be able to return the bike back to stock if needed.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
The next one up in price on that site requires no mods....that's the one I'd probably go with.

·
Gotta love the zx10
235 Posts
I'm not sure how your bike looks but I was just showin someone my bike the zx10r. The tail on mine just comes off with I think 2 screws.. maybe more idk.

But I'm gonna be searchin a hardware store for a nice piece of 1/4" metal and fabricating my own plate... all you basically need is a one piece with an inch or so of it bent at 90 degree so you can screw in that small part into the bike... the big part is where you screw in the plate.. then you can make another small bracket to screw into the big one to add on your lights.

Another option with the kit is to get an integrated light kit that will put your blinkers in the brake light assembly :p

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I don't know where your blinkers are, but we 250 guys need a place to mount our blinkers. It could be fabricated fairly easily by someone who has the right tools. I wish I did. If it was just a matter of mounting a plate bracket with a light, I'd probably endeavor it. The blinkers are what stops me.

·
Gotta love the zx10
235 Posts
as far as the blinkers go take a look at your current setup.. For most bikes I've seen the turn signals just screw in... The bracket has a hole and after taking off the bracket you can unscrew by hand or screw driver. Some dont even screw in.. they just pop in. Atleast thats how my ancient 93 zx7 is. I think with a couple metal rulers I could make a bracket that would work.. but I wont be that cheap I'll get some thicker metal and paint it black. :p

·
Gotta love the zx10
235 Posts
By law you need a light so they can see your plate at night. But with the eliminator kit your plate will be under your brake light which has a running light. So no need for more light

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I put a SPEED TACTICS one on my ZX-6R. I just checked out their website and they do make one for a Ninja 250. I use an integrated tail light and have eliminated my turn signals, but I think they sell a version for with/without signals. It's close enough to the LED tail light (that's super bright), so I didn't mount the little license plate night that I got with it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts