Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 ZX6 and I want both headlights to be on instead of just one. I think it looks silly. I've been riding with the high beam on for now. Does anyone know of a way to wire up both lights to be on all the time? Is there any way to do this?

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
I don't know how, but i agree, it really makes it look dumb, it makes it look like its messed up or something. any, I'm sure you could wire theym both your self using the existing power supply and wires. Not sure if you have any wiring experience. Someone will be by with a better answer later on, so hang in there, BTW nice bike and welcome to the forums.

Peter

·
Registered
60 Posts
I agree. I like the way yamaha did their headlights. My '04 ZX6R gets on my nerves about that. Everyone keeps asking if I have a headlight out. Something you have to deal with as far as I know.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Headlights

YES, there is a way, but before you start running your wiring through relays...consult yor Kawasaki Mechanic as to whether or not your charging system can handle pulling this much current, ALL of the time. YOu can run 1,000Watts out of a car stereo if you have a charging system tweaked up and are running some BatterieS (more than one) the load of two headlights on all or th etime may be to much of a strain for your charging system. I'd find out about same size dual element headlamps and then you could do what you wanted without overloading.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Hmmm

Another thing to consider is going to the store and looking in the books for a same size bulb that pulls less wattage and then you could run both of them on just what one bulb would normally draw...leaving you with dimmer lights at night...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the ideas guys. I'm bringing the bike in for the 500 mile service soon, so maybe I can find out some info at the dealer. It seems like the two sides each have different bulbs. It would be great to get a low/high combo bulb in each side.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
WHEN

When you do find out let us ALL know what they say..and what you want to do. The wiring probably isn't setup for dual bulbs but that won't be a problem if you know the bulb numbers and just want low or high...even low/hi on both sides...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think if you look, one side has a dual filament bulb for high and low beam and the other is only a single highbeam filament. So you'd be better off just using the highbeams all the time, without changing wiring.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Haha I agree. I took my skills test two days ago to get my full motorcycle license. They asked me to demonstrate turn signals, brake light, etc. Then the headlights. The woman at the DMV swore up and down that one of my headlights was not working properly.

Having a 30 day tag on the back, I assured her that she didn't know what she was talking about. Still annoying.

·
Registered
9 Posts
rcivic97 said:
I agree. I like the way yamaha did their headlights. My '04 ZX6R gets on my nerves about that. Everyone keeps asking if I have a headlight out. Something you have to deal with as far as I know.

Me too........ I had the low Beams on and someone told me i had a HEAD light out.... I drive with my Hight beams on ....

Even @ night

·
Registered
17 Posts
i just dont' like how if you turn the highbeams on the left one is brighter than the right one. why can't theyjust make em even. god it pisses me off. i have at least one person everyday tell me i have a headlight out. pisses me off.

-trent

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
IF

If they take the same size of base, on the bulb then change it to the lesser wattage bulb, then high will only be two low beams... then you can adjust the height of the headlights if you really wanted to by using the centerstand and a wall or even your garage door. Just measure the distances and write them down for later use should you decide to do a cross country ride and be riding at night!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts