Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still thinking on the 250R vrs the 500 Ninja. My question is whether or not the 250R will accept 17" wheels and tires from another Kawasaki. I understand Moment of Inertia/gyroscopic action/technical physics...just there are many more choices with 17"tires not only with width and profile but from racing slicks/softies, to road cruisers/long lasting harder tires. Also if the 17" wheels fit what are my limitations in width/profile. I will be riding old blacktop Hiway 56 hills curves and then some older roads that used to be highways. So my preference is a lowprofile wide, and fairly soft tire. When I was riding my Suzuki 450S I was constantly dragging my footpegs after changing my tires...

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
if 17" rims can fit on a 250 (I don't know for sure). but you can run 110/70/17 front or 120/70/17 and max 150/60/17 on the rear.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
17"rims on the 250R

Thanks for the advice...I've had several emails...bottom line either spend about $800.00 or leave it and get some tires that I DID NOT know were made. I want sticky tires (that wear out faster, true) not the econo touring tires (that last for years), as I live in an area with great winding roads and hills and backroads that are really more fun on a motorcycle than in a car. I'll soon be rubbing my footpegs, and saving so much money that I'm not having to spend on the car driving it all by myself. Thank you. Thank you guys that sent me email on just how to do all the work, too...way to much for just converting to 17" wheels and tires...when all along there ARE tires out there that are sticky enough for my use. :arrow:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts