Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I hope he does'nt lean over any further .......

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
That's Green's "Z-King", right? Darrell: take a close look at that Z...notice anything else interesting besides the exhaust? Green blew out his engine doing a wheelie about a year ago (didn't do the "rubber tube" mod to splash the oil up front from the pan) and decided to mount a ZX-10R engine in there. I can't remember what year engine it is but he did some serious work on that bike. He even showed us a video recently where he weighed the bike, the bike weighs 428 lbs. with almost a full tank of gas!

·
Registered
22,566 Posts
That's Green's "Z-King", right? Darrell: take a close look at that Z...notice anything else interesting besides the exhaust? Green blew out his engine doing a wheelie about a year ago (didn't do the "rubber tube" mod to splash the oil up front from the pan) and decided to mount a ZX-10R engine in there. I can't remember what year engine it is but he did some serious work on that bike. He even showed us a video recently where he weighed the bike, the bike weighs 428 lbs. with almost a full tank of gas!
nope!!!
they killed them here in the US...

let's hope for the Z-14

and for those who want a Z1000 with a ZX-10 motor in it!!!

look no furhter than greencheez.
Z1000 with ZX10R motor - RiderForums.com Community
;)

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Gotta ask, What is the rubber tube mod?
don't know for sure myself but would think that it lowers the pickup tube towards the back of the trans where the oil would be when doing a wheelie.

Darrell is absolutely correct...no suprise there, huh? Green actually posted a video of the wheelie. Man did it look cool to see him wheelie that bike, I think it was in 2nd gear (he was in third, pulled in the clutch, shifted down, rev'd the engine and then dumped the clutch). Nothing dramatic happened when the engine seized, in fact, you couldn't even tell what happened by watching the video. He just let the bike down easy and there was a little puff of smoke from the front tire because it's spin slowed down while it was up (kinda like a tire hitting the runway when a plane lands). Now don't get me wrong folks, I don't condone such behavior--but I can sure acknowledge the skill required.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts