Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I called up my dealership on Saturday and asked them about my suspension not "clicking" when I tried to adjust it, and they told me to bring it by this morning and leave it with them. I was figuring they'd look at it today or tomorrow and tell me if I'm just an idiot and that it clicks just fine, or that something is up and they're going to need the bike for a bit.

But no. I ride up there in 37* weather and the dude at the counter says the woman I talked to didn't even write anything down about it, and that I can leave the bike, but it will probably be a week before they can even look at it. So now I'm mad. I'm going to call the woman tomorrow and ask her what's up, and my sales guy said he'd put some pressure on her since I ride it every day, but I'm still mad.

What's worse, my wife was following me with our baby in the Durango. I got a bit ahead of her, and some jackass in an intrepid pulls out right in front of her and cuts her off. She honks her horn, and he stops in traffic and gets out and starts banging on her window and threatening her. She called the cops and he bailed, but she only got a partial plate. Unfortunately, I didn't see any of this because I was too far ahead.

Honestly, my friends, that makes me want to murder. What kind of low life little ***** comes up and starts threatening and banging on a truck with a woman and an infant inside? What, is that supposed to prove what a tough guy he is, bullying women and children? This guy needs a serious beating, and I'm just upset that I don't get to be the one to give it to him.

On the other hand, maybe it's for the best. Seeing how scared and upset my wife was when she caught up to me, I'd have flat out killed him.

·
Registered
30 Posts
yagiska sorry to hear about the idiot. Hope the wife and baby are okay. Seems like every idiot changed their address to Florida this Winter.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Crosstown,
Let me be one of the first to Welcome you to the forum! Hope you'll stay around a while!

Yagiska: I'm so sorry to hear about your day. Road rage these days is ridiculous and so uncalled for.
I know what ya mean about left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing when you call your dealership. Mine was with a local mechanic. I spoke with one guy at the shop and he said "Come on over and meet us guys, and we'll sweet-talk the owner in going and picking up your bike on our trailer." (We don't have a trailer yet) I was willing to pay this guy gas to come pick up the bike, labor, whatever. I wasn't asking for a hand-out.
I immediately got ready, drove 45 minutes to go meet these guys and explain what the bike was doing etc. I walk in, the guy I talk to introduces me to the owner. He turns around, looks me up and down and then says "And NO... I'm not going clear to your house to pick up your bike." I was ready to cold c o c k him in the face I was so angry! I said to the guy I talked to on the phone, "You asked me to drive 45 minutes for this?!" He then backed out of what he'd said and apologized saying "I'm sooo sorry, I didn't mean that... I meant come meet us, and we'll work on it as soon as we can get to it." I was livid. If it were even 15 minutes I wouldn't have cared so much. Oh well, I just resigned to fixing her myself. So, when she's fixed, I'm going to ride over there, and say "Thanks, you convinced me to fix my own bike.
Hope you have a much better day tomorrow!

·
Registered
447 Posts
WOW! That was really bad! I hope someday someone catches up with the guy and gives him what he deserves!!

You don't see much of that here in Texas, we're able to carry concealed firearms and you never know who's packing heat! It could be the lady with the small child. So idiots like the one you described keep their distance.

Anyway I hope everyone is OK.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
yagiska....It is better that you didn't see it happen.....your still a free man and your family is OK. However, I fully understand your feelings and would also have to deal with similar feelings if someone did that to any of my family members. Too many stories like this can be told which say's it's getting to be a crazy world out there. :(

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ZX6RRNewbie said:
WOW! That was really bad! I hope someday someone catches up with the guy and gives him what he deserves!!

You don't see much of that here in Texas, we're able to carry concealed firearms and you never know who's packing heat! It could be the lady with the small child. So idiots like the one you described keep their distance.

I hate gun control. All it's done is kept firearms out of the hands of decent, law abiding citizens who would only use them for sport or personal protection. The criminals just ignore the rules and buy them black market so they can rob and kill. Seriously, way to go Congress. Keep the bad guys armed and good guys defenseless.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
yagiska said:
I hate gun control. All it's done is kept firearms out of the hands of decent, law abiding citizens who would only use them for sport or personal protection. The criminals just ignore the rules and buy them black market so they can rob and kill. Seriously, way to go Congress. Keep the bad guys armed and good guys defenseless.
AMEN to that !
i do agree with Whistle though, if you had been there YOU probably would have ended up in jail, and the other guy would be the victim. its a F**ked up system and i can't stand how the bad guy makes out. i wish this whole country was more like TX.

as far as dealing with the dealership, i hear ya there. just like you and CQ, i had a similar problem with the Nomad. i had a small warranty problem that was pushed aside to three different people. i finally got them to come pick the bike up at my house and the guy strapped it down at the end of the bars (i am assuming) and bent my bars down. i went to unload the bike off my truck after the work was done and turned the bars right into my gas tank. on top of that, i called when it was done and the guy told me he was going to have to charge me for the work since the problem was a disconnected wire and not the solenoid that was all corroded. so not only did they not replace a corroded solenoid that was only on the road for two months, but they were going to try to charge me for plugging the clutch switch wire back in. i spoke very sternly to the guy and got him to drop the bill, order me a new solenoid, and a new set of bars as well as new ISO grips. when they came in, i rolled the bike into the shop and the service manager came out and helped me change everything over. it all worked out for the best, but what a PITA in the beginning. hopefully your bike gets straightened out quick for you. down time is no fun !

·
Registered
408 Posts
ZX6RRNewbie said:
Florida also allows for concealed carrying of firearms.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Road Rage articles are in our local paper almost on daily basis.Here is another one where someone got shot. Getting mad about someone darting in front of you or not paying 100% attention is not worth getting shot. Fortunately for this quy, he survived.

http://www.wftv.com/news/4126488/detail.html

BTW, Hope you don't have to wait a whole week to get your ride back.

·
Banned
12 Posts
ZX6RRNewbie said:

I saw an interesting statistic once... Basically, in states where you can carry concealed (ie texas) you are less likely to get into an incident, but if you do get into one, you're more likely to be killed as a result.

But yea, it'd be interesting to get into a fight while you're on a bike. Wearing armored leather, steel toe boots, carbon fiber gloves, and a helmet... i think it could be fun, especially if the jackass deserves it =)

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
yagiska said:
I know I will get scalded for this but here goes anyways;
You know what is possible when you, or me, or any other "law abiding citizen" is capable of when we lose our temper, control or whatever you will call it.
Adding a firearm to the equation could change the situation to the extent that the "bad guy" ends up dead (not necassarily a bad thing) But you end up also dead, or in prison for your life.
I know what I have done in the split second when I see red, and am terrified what the consequences may have been if I had a gun.
Again, I know that most of you are south of our border and we have radically different views on firearm control. And that you will probably jump all over me and this.
But maybe for one second put aside the life long "right to bear arms" ideology and look around a bit.
If what I say makes you a little angry, multiply that feeling by 100 or 1000 and put a gun in your hand.
It's easy to let emotion get the better of us, isn't it?
Just something to think about.
And no disrespect intended towards anyone out there.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
trikebubble said:
You know what is possible when you, or me, or any other "law abiding citizen" is capable of when we lose our temper, control or whatever you will call it.
Adding a firearm to the equation could change the situation to the extent that the "bad guy" ends up dead (not necassarily a bad thing) But you end up also dead, or in prison for your life.
I know what I have done in the split second when I see red, and am terrified what the consequences may have been if I had a gun.
Again, I know that most of you are south of our border and we have radically different views on firearm control. And that you will probably jump all over me and this.
But maybe for one second put aside the life long "right to bear arms" ideology and look around a bit.
If what I say makes you a little angry, multiply that feeling by 100 or 1000 and put a gun in your hand.

SHAME...SHAME...SHAME...:) There....you've been scalded. ;)

You make some excellent points. Having a gun ( I do personally own them ) is not going to solve a dispute.....as far as disputes go. Now...on the other hand...when I'm in my home and someone decides to break into my home...not knowing the intentions of the individual toward me and my family...the person doing so will have cold steel aiming at them ready to defend the hand and soul who possesses it. On the other hand....while driving around in traffic on a daily basis....I choose not to carry my hand gun as I feel in certain situations...it could be used wrongfully.

OK....NEXT! :)

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Hey Whistle,
(I guess you are kind of like a neighbour almost?)
Anyway, I have to agree with the whole home invasion thing. I have been to on the wrong end of a home invasion, while I was sleeping in the basement, and it is terrifying. I wished for a gun at that moment but had to rely on my trusty samariu sword to protect me. Fortunately for all invloved the perps ran out the door when they heard me making noises coming up the stairs.
I am glad however that in my circumstance it ended without confrontation.
I am just wary of the whole concept of "mobile protection".

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Neo said:
Florida also allows for concealed carrying of firearms.

Really? The only problem is I live on a military installation, which has it's own rules. I'm not sure what they are, as I don't currently own any guns, but I'm starting to seriously consider it. I'll need to get some training on handguns too, as the only things I currently know how to fire are bolt action rifles and M16s.

·
32,545 Posts
trikebubble said:
i won't scald you at all, you are entitled to your opinion as much as the next guy. you make a really good point about control, when a firearm is involved. when i do get my license to carry, i will be wary of carrying one in my vehicle. my first thought would be to only have it when my family is in the truck, you know, to protect them. on the flipside, i am not a big guy and someone who is in a state of mind to come at me, might just have the upper hand and remove the gun from my hands. now, not only is my own gun pointed at me, but my family is in more jeopardy than they were before. that said, i think the time that i would carry it in a vehicle would be on trips where i am alone in my truck for periods of time or on the long distance motorcycle trips. of course, then you run into interstate laws, but i am pretty sure that a MA license to carry is good in almost every state since they make it so hard to get one. and that is my $0.02.

·
ULTIMATE Forum Supporter
7,748 Posts
JoeNomad1 said:
Road Rage articles are in our local paper almost on daily basis.Here is another one where someone got shot.
Holy cr*p Floridians. I'm flying to Orlando on Sat with the family for a vacation and we're renting a van but it sounds like we should be taking taxis everywhere. Is it mostly on the interstates or in town as well? You're looking at one soon to be very nervous driver.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ispeed77 said:
on the flipside, i am not a big guy and someone who is in a state of mind to come at me, might just have the upper hand and remove the gun from my hands. now, not only is my own gun pointed at me, but my family is in more jeopardy than they were before.
I'm not a very big guy either, 5'11 175lbs, but I was always taught not to point a weapon at something you don't intend to either kill or destroy (depending on if it's alive in the first place :) ). That being the case, don't pull out a weapon to intimidate someone into leaving you alone. Pull it out because you feel your life, or your family's, is at stake, and because you intend to kill your target the minute he's in your sights.

Personally, I'm sort of on the fence. I don't feel I need a gun to protect myself. I know what I'm capable of, and frankly, I'm more of an axe handle than gun kind of guy. Where I'm more concerned is my wife. I want to know she's safe when I'm not around, but I'm worried that SHE might get a weapon taken from her. I'm even more worried that in the situation I described in my first post, she'd have just shot the dude dead and I'd have to pay for lawyers.

·
32,545 Posts
yagiska said:
I'm not a very big guy either, 5'11 175lbs, but I was always taught not to point a weapon at something you don't intend to either kill or destroy (depending on if it's alive in the first place :) ). That being the case, don't pull out a weapon to intimidate someone into leaving you alone. Pull it out because you feel your life, or your family's, is at stake, and because you intend to kill your target the minute he's in your sights.
point well put, i agree with that

yagiska said:
Personally, I'm sort of on the fence. I don't feel I need a gun to protect myself. I know what I'm capable of, and frankly, I'm more of an axe handle than gun kind of guy. Where I'm more concerned is my wife. I want to know she's safe when I'm not around, but I'm worried that SHE might get a weapon taken from her. I'm even more worried that in the situation I described in my first post, she'd have just shot the dude dead and I'd have to pay for lawyers.
i feel ya there. i showed my wife how to use my 30/30 when i first bought it, but i don't see her loading a lever action rifle as someone is forcing into the house. i really want to get her some mace or somethine like that. the thing that scares me is that she must think she is invincible. she has been known to chase thieves out of the video store she works at. she is an average size woman at 5'7" 135lbs(she'll kill me if she reads this !) but it wouldn't take much of a guy to take her down. i don't think she realizes that. anyways, my point is that i agree with you and i am hoping to get her something a little more geared towards a woman.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
trikebubble said:
Hey Whistle,
(I guess you are kind of like a neighbour almost?)
Anyway, I have to agree with the whole home invasion thing. I have been to on the wrong end of a home invasion, while I was sleeping in the basement, and it is terrifying. I wished for a gun at that moment but had to rely on my trusty samariu sword to protect me. Fortunately for all invloved the perps ran out the door when they heard me making noises coming up the stairs.
I am glad however that in my circumstance it ended without confrontation.
I am just wary of the whole concept of "mobile protection".
Yes...I would say we're neighbors. Howdy neighbor! :)

Home invasions can be in variois forms. When your sleeping is what I would not want to experience....since you have to get your wits about you in short notice and being awake enough to have a presence of mind poses it's own challanges. Even so....I keep my handgun loaded and ready if the need should arise. I also have 9 samariu swords in different rooms so if for some reason I would not be able to use a gun....I could certainly try using one of them.....and hopefully not be met by an intruder holding one of my swords. :shock:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was seriously considering a taser. Simple point and shoot operation, and in most cases, non-lethal. The more I think about it, the more I think it's a great idea.

I also toyed around with the idea of attempting to recreate an experimental weapon I heard about. It's based on the idea that voluntary muscles operate at a different frequency than involuntary muscles, therefore you can isolate them. The weapon uses an ultraviolet laser to ionize a pathway through the air from the weapon to the intended target, and sends an electrical signal of non-lethal voltage at the frequency of voluntary muscles, thereby immobilizing them. Since this doesn't affect involuntary muscles, your heart, lungs, and other vital organs continue to function as normal.

I imagine it also hurts like ****, much like a full body cramp. This is of course assuming it would cause your muscles to clench up and refuse to release. It may just interupt any signals from your brain to your body, I don't know. Either way, I'm confident I could produce something that worked the same way, but I don't think I could make it man-portable. Oh well, taser it is :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts