Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FarRider #43
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bummer,

Finally back home after 22 days in Adelaide and 25 days of not riding.

Just wanted to let you all know why I've been MIA and that this will continue for a while yet.

Looks like my racing and riding plans are on hold for the foreseeable future because I’m on the medical merry-go-round with my darling wife and my Dad.

Not too sure what’s in store with the wife's illness at this stage, we go back to Adelaide on Sunday for more testing at the Royal Adelaide Hospital next week, so, should know later in that week exactly what course of action and treatment is required for the adenocarcinoma.

Also need to take the old man back down in Feb for his 'shunt' check up.

Next Saturday’s Ride Day and probably the Cafe Racers weekend at Mallala are a no goer for me. Just gotta to do what a man’s gotta do, yep, no change there!

Anyways, I sure hope all goes well for all of us this silly season and beyond!

Bye for now,
Cheers - TK

·
frequently disturbs class
2,220 Posts
Hi TK-
It sounds like your talents are needed elsewhere at this moment in time.
Will keep the fingers crossed for you and your family, and look forward to hearing from you upon your return.

Stay in touch when you can!

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Bummer,

Finally back home after 22 days in Adelaide and 25 days of not riding.

Just wanted to let you all know why I've been MIA and that this will continue for a while yet.

Looks like my racing and riding plans are on hold for the foreseeable future because I’m on the medical merry-go-round with my darling wife and my Dad.

Not too sure what’s in store with the wife's illness at this stage, we go back to Adelaide on Sunday for more testing at the Royal Adelaide Hospital next week, so, should know later in that week exactly what course of action and treatment is required for the adenocarcinoma.

Also need to take the old man back down in Feb for his 'shunt' check up.

Next Saturday’s Ride Day and probably the Cafe Racers weekend at Mallala are a no goer for me. Just gotta to do what a man’s gotta do, yep, no change there!

Anyways, I sure hope all goes well for all of us this silly season and beyond!

Bye for now,
Cheers - TK
Welcome back TK. Sorry to hear about your family problems. I don't know what they are using for adenocarcinoma in OZ but here they are using 5FU, Radiation, and then 5FU/Leucovorin - it depends on where the tumor is. My tumor was about the size of a tennis ball when they found it. I was on a little battery operated pump that I carried around 24/7 (it was attached to me through a groshong). I only got the 5FU using the pump for 10 weeks along with the radiation for six weeks. At the end of that time the tumor had shrunk to about 1 inch in diameter. They then did the surgery. After a few weeks I was back on chemo of a mixture of 5FU & Leucovorin for several months, but it was 5 days on, 3 weeks off. It has been 3 years now and I am cancer free so it worked well. If you would like any more details or help of any kind that I might be able to give, just PM me.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Mish ah bayrock (healing prayer) for your family TK. They are lucky to have you. Staying by their side is a mitz vah (action from the heart) It has tremedous healing power.

D

·
FarRider #43
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your support

Thanks Skewterdewd, I would never have considered that I had any talent! j/k ;)

Ruger, thanks for your personal comments, indeed a humungous help. Totally glad to hear your ok and on the mend.

David, dude, Thank You! I needed that 'cos sometimes you can forget about yourself in the mix of things.

Cheers - TK

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Prayers are with you, your wife and dad. Am so sorry to hear of this and pray things get better soon.

·
Perpetual Motion
6,663 Posts
Best to you and yours.

Riding has it's place, and that's way behind family. Good luck!

·
FarRider #43
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks cmptrmn.1 and ImpactG, guys I appreciate your support.

Riding sure does has it's place and riding the Vulcan today for the first time in weeks sure was therapeutic.

Just what I needed, focus on one thing, riding the big V2K!!

I'll post as much as possible but no doubt I'll be lurking for awhile.

Thanks again to everyone for the good vibes and positive energy, much appreciated and most helpfull.

All the best and bye for now - TK

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
I feel for you! I cared for my parent the last year of their lives. I certainly hope your wife and father fully regain their health. Do your best we'll be happy to have back.

·
Power Hungry V2K Rider
6,395 Posts
Our prayers are with you. Wish there was more we could "do." Sometimes, the best thing you have have are friends that will just sit on the couch with you. We're there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts