Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the break cable off to remove the caliber i relize now i should have just loosened the caliber. but some of the break fluid leaked out the i took the cable off in the picture. me n a friend tried to bleed it and still no brakes any suggestions

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
If you are sure you got everything back together correctly, keep bleeding them because you still have air in the system. And not that it really maters, it's a brake line not a cable, and it's caliper not caliber.

·
Registered
522 Posts
:lol: Sorry ;)

Also if you spill fluid wash it off thoroughly as it will ruin paint on caliper/swingarm/wheels etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Remember when you're looking for help, more explanation is better.

So you removed the Brake line/hose from the caliper and after putting it back together you don't have any rear brake, correct?

Bleeding can take a long time, specially if air got into the line. You can bleed the brake system with the caliper removed from the bike (leave the line attached) and hold it up higher. That can help air work its way up the line and out the bleed screw.

Also make sure you don't have a bunch of brake fluid on the pads/rotor. Use some brake cleaner and spray the crap out of it.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
If you do not have a service manual for your bike, please get one. It is imperative that the braking system be serviced correctly and a manual will assist you to that end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts