Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to this forum. I checked the archives for help with my problem and got bleary eyed. Info overload. As for the sticky! 1976 KE 125 two stroke, rotary valve. Got the bike, had no spark. Pulled rotor/flywheel. Cleaned magnets. Cleaned stator pickups. Checked condensor for ground from lead to case with it removed.No ground. Checked three coil assemblies wraps on stator for continuity. Have continuity. Dressed points. Reassembled at 16k point gap. Checked for ground from stator to remote coil. Started bike. Ran poorly during road test then died. No spark again. Unhooked stator lead to coil. Tuned over. DC voltage going from 123 to 0 to 123 on stator lead. Remove spark plug boot. Hold finger on wire from coil. Feel spark but not blow my finger off! Recheck points gap and grounds. All lights disconnected. Other archives I read mention a battery. No battery.I assume one stator coil wrap does ignition and the other two are for lights. Coil ohms from plug lead to stator input connector with lead disconnected wire at 335k. Any help? Thanks, Brad

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
335k ohms??? I do not know what the factory specs are for your coil but that sounds way to high to me.
Measure from primary wire to mounting lug.
Measure from spark plug wire to mounting lug.

Post back with results.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello,

Primary ignition coil resistance is listed at 1.9 - 2.5 Ohms

Secondary ign coil resistance is listed at 8 - 12 KOhms

These are directly from the service manual

Good luck! David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.