Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1986 kawasaki 454 LTD. I was taking a ride on it and all of the sudden it stalled out. I pushed it home and found there was no spark coming out of the spark plug. I took the coils to a local motorcycle repair shop and found nothing wrong with the coils. What next?

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
gotta make sure your getting battery voltage TO THE COILS first, then make sure your grounds for the coils are good,not 100% familiar with this bike but i imagine it has a PICK UP COIL that may have gone bad, or an ignition box that may have died. get a manual and start testing parts.
good luck :wink:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
AN EMBarrasing moment

Once I hit hte emergency OFF/ON/OFF switch...pushed a buddies Honda all the way back from the PX to his Barracks just so that he could show me that the switch was in the OFF position...another thign to look for is cleaning the kickstand switch. Sounds silly but it will kill your bike dead. if it gets dirty...clean it good and then use an electrolyte grease tha twon't allow water or air into it for it to corrode or oxidize...also when you checked the spark plug was it properly grounded at the base of the plug? If not it won't spark. it needs a ground to the base of hte plug.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You

Thank you fellow Motorcyclists,
I will try your recommendations and post the outcome.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
OUTCOME

The outcome/return is just as important as the question itself. Sometimes it is just a silly kickstand switch sometimes it is a fuse...sometimes it's switch...you never know but the answers are definately worth reading.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts