Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Working on a friend’s. Klf 300c (1994) Just quit one day,just like you shut off the Key It was in a shop for weeks and they gave up on it. It has a 2 week old one battery 12.45 v at least 11 v while cranking.I replaced ign coil,shop had put on a 485 ohm pulser. I bypassed the ingn.switch (white brown) 12v at + term on the ign coil. As far as I understand by the wiring diagram, the yellow/r wire is shared by the engine stop switch (when it is off there is no voltage at The ign. coil.I cleaned every connector,no shorts or broken wires. The only spark I get is at the beginning and end of cranking(I assume it from voltage fluctuations.)No spark on the rope pull.I am using a spark tester light.I think the pulse coil is either defective of gapped wrong.I have a few questions.I have 12 volts at the yellow/r wire and the green/y wire at the cdi terminal ,it that ok? #2 question can the pulse coil gap be checked without pulling the flywheel? Had the cover and cleaned out the flywheel area and pulser,very little oil,and no debris,stator looks good,not grounded and has the correct ohmes,pulse coil shows 485 ohmes and no shorts to ground.I grounded everything with jumper cables My 3 quest in what is the minimum ac v output of the pickup coil.Lowest setting on my meter is 2 v ac and it shows me .23 v on one line and .50 on the other is this sufficient. this machine looks like new and was never abused . I read that I could try (with test light)running power to the neg. terminal of the ign coil,then crank and the light should blink. Mine does not ,light comeS on briefly at the end of cranking.I have tried cdi,also tried with regulator disconnected. Help,please

1 - 1 of 1 Posts