Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The V2K is not listed on the Kawasaki Canada website for 2008. And I just read a post elsewhere from a person who went to the Toronto bike Show and confirmed this. Seems the Vulcan 2000 may quickly become a collectible item north of the border.

Very interesting.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
guess I better be careful where I park my ride when I go north?

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
It will probably be the same thing that honda did a couple of years ago in Canada. They did not offer a vtx for one year because they had too many sitting at dealers from the previous year. Once they had got rid of those they then offered the vtx again the following year.

·
Master Doityourselfer
971 Posts
Makes one wonder. Could be a lot of reasons but the big V is kind of a "cult" bike. Not for everyone to be sure and judged by the number of NOS bikes around it may not have been worth their trouble. But what do I know, just a thought.

·
V2K In Torque We Trust
1,121 Posts
I want to believe "farlz" is right. As soon as they sale the ones they have they'll bring it back.

·
Registered
157 Posts
A dealer in Edmonton told me that there would be no 2008's in Canada too. He never gave me a reason, however some of the reasons you guys are giving make a whole lot of sense. I sure hope they bring it back; it's just too nice a bike to discontinue.
Kawasaki dealers in the USA cannot not sell to Canadians, I assume the manufacturer is trying to protect their Canadian dealers. That's why I had to buy a 2005 privately from a fellow in Pittsburgh. So if a Canadian wants to buy a 2008 he would have to know someone in the States and have him buy it, then sell it to the Canadian. Or wait for a used one to come up in a private sale.

·
Registered
91 Posts
nope we get the same bike as in the US. eh

·
Ride Naked ..
2,607 Posts
here in australia , the 1st V2K's were offered with the triple eye head light . sales were very slow & it was not offered after its 2nd year , now we only have the V2K LT offered & it has slow sales . IMO V2K's are great bikes & maybe the above comments are correct , kawasaki maybe moving old / new stock before offering a new V2K again in Canada .. :confused:

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
To deprive the citizens of the Great Canadian Country access to the new V2K is just wrong ...eh? :wink:

You weren't looking for an 08 were you, Carlo?

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Nah ... it is Gene (Anamosity) with the new C14.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts