Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WHOWHAT?! WHOWHAT?! OKAEEEE!!!! Getting it through customs will be a hassle thou :( . thanks for the info buddy.

·
Registered
191 Posts
not too bad

you can get them from canada easy enough. I knew a guy who got the canadian sv650 when they were new here. The canadian version had the upper fairing.

nice gpz louis.

matt

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Canadian bike

I haven't figured out how toget a Canadian bike from Canada to the states yet. I can take my tag, registration and insurance card, adn I legally have 30 days after the transfer/receipt of the vehicle to transfer it into my name at the Department of MotorVehicles in Kansas...the Canadians tell me that getting it across the line isn't that easy...IF you know how to do this then let me know...I'd really kike to know...The ZZR-250 is an aluminum frame 250 with 17" wheels and looks almost like our NInja only it has a cooler fairing and everything...Beartooth Kawasaki said that they can't sell me one...NO can DO...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would be willing to bet the Z750 will be here soon enough. They would be missing out on a big market if they didn't. Honda has the 919 and little brother 599, Suzuki has the SV1000 and little brother SV650, Yamaha has the FZ1 and little brother FZ6. It would only seem logical that Kawasaki would release the Z750 here to compete with the naked mids from everyone else. Then again maybe its just wishful thinking on my part!!!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
750/250

I don't know that the American slice of Kawasaki wants to be serious about bringing in bikes. I've been trying to get a ZZR-250. It is almost like the Ninja 250R except it has an aluminum frame wider 17" tires and the body work is completely different...I think that we're just being suckered into buying larger bikes an dto hell with the smaller better bikes...the 750 is a needed bike as well. Right now Suzuki GSX750R is the only sport bike in its class...well there is ducatti...

·
Registered
191 Posts
you may not beable to ride a bike across teh border but i bet you could crate it and ship it to a dealer. you just have to know a dealer willing to accept a crated bike

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
CANADIAN

I was refered to the NHSTA and even have the HS-7 form for declaration in hand...it's on the list, so it shouldn't be to much of a problem...I even have, should I need a list of people that are willing to do the imoprters paperwork for you...so the ZZR-250, aluminum frame, with wider 17" wheels and all the goodies...may end up in the Heart of America...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Not only is the lack of the Z750 in the U.S whack, but the fact that they don't even offer the ZR-7S here anymore either. The really messed up thing is that BOTH are available in Canada!!! How effed up is that?

I did the Canadian dollar conversion and if the numbers were kept straight then the Z750 would cost about $6700, offering an awesome looking naked 750cc bike that would cost about the same as the 600cc nakeds from the other big 3 Japanese companies. Can you say top seller? **** Kawa, wtf is wrong with you? Bring this bike to the U.S.!!!!!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Kawasaki downfall?

Kawasaki had better pick up the pace...seems the Asians (Koreans) are building some great bikes...started with making bikes with Suzuki, then came the restrictions, so they are getting ready to flood the market.. July 2004 Motor Cyclist...Let the battles begin...I want the Kawasaki ZZR-250...we have the ZZR-600 same as Canada...Not to be to picky with Kawasaki but...
A Ducati 749R nearly $22K, but how about a...
Ducati 749Dark MSRP $11,995, 748cc l-c 90-deg V-twin dohc, 8v 6speed 473lb (wet) 448(empty fuel tank), fuel cap 4.1 gal (15.5L) Wheelbase 55.9in. (1420mm), seat height 30.7in (780mm)...
I just think Kawasaki had better get off of their high-horse. I love the company...love the bikes...but we need a better selection, and knock out all this big Liter stuff...a 250 will break intothe tripple digit MPH and that's fast enough. I think that there should be an ecu on EVERY bike, except those for racing...limited to 100MPH...actually I believe that any bike should have the ECU set so that durring break in it cannot exceed the RPM intended, and depending upon the rider, they could adjust the bike from lean to wide open mean. Some riders (or parents of riders) would prefer not to have their bikes running at 100% maximum. gee, if a ZX-10R will do 80 in first, then what would you be doing if you limited the bike to 100MPH...saving some noobies butt, that's what, then again maybe not!

·
Road Snot Needs A Kleenex
364 Posts

Interesting looking bike. I can see why you want it ZX-2R.

I also agree with the Speed limiting on all bikes except for track bikes. But let's be more reasonalbe. 100MPH?, most cars are speed limited at 127MPH -132MPH so the same should be for the bikes. Maybe a good idea for a speed limiting system would be a dual stage.

100MPH: Run this speed as long as you want
127-132MPH: Max Speed limit with speed limiter. Only able to sustain for a max of 30 Seconds, then second stage Speed limiter engauges until you are below 100MPH.

The thing is, to make it harder than hell to overide the ECU. For example, my Civic Si is speed limited at 127MPH because of Japanese laws. But, jumper the connector at the right spot on the ECU, or buy a V-TEC controller, and the speed limiter is disabled and the car can hit it's max speed of 150-155MPH.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
ZZR-250

THAT'S THE BIKE!!!! OH, HEART BE STILL!!! YES!!! okay with me if they want to set the speed anywhere, but they have to set the mapping so that it won't have the power to weight ratio so high...speed isn't necessarily the problem it's the power...they just need to set things up diffferently and then allow people to have it tweaked out...some people like me would probably leave the bike somewhere near to the set-up out the door mapping...I don't need that much power literally in the palm of my right hand... The ZZR-250...17" wheels, aluminum chassis, great looking plastic and did you see the front or rear of the bike...look at the ZZR-600...same...ARGHHHH!!!!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts