Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Live to Ride
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not really know how to explain the noise. To me it is getting louder. When I am giving her the gas she sounds fine. When I left off the gas and let her slow down in gear I am getting a noise that just does not sound normal. I have noticed this lately. Not sure if this is because when I leave in the morning it is 27 degrees out.

Anyone else experience this same thing.

·
Live to Ride
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Noise...........as best as I can describe

It must have to do with the belt or pulleys. It is louder if I am slowing down in 3rd gear under no load, if I drop down into 2nd it is less pronounced until I reach the point that the sounds get louder and then I can drop into 1st. If I am slowing down and pull in the clutch, the noise goes away totally. It sounds like a vibration belt type of noises.............if that makes any sense.

I hear everything and sometimes I hear a noise that is normal, but I have a new worry that it might not be. Yes, I should just put loud pipes on and I would hear less noise. But on deceleration it would be the same.

About 1,500 miles ago the stealership put on a new front and rear tire. Not sure if this has anything to do with it. When they did give me the bike back they said there was a noise they could not get rid of but everything seemed to be working properly. This was a different noise, but maybe the start of what is happening. The was more of a flutter type of noise on deceleration.

I hope this helps a bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.